• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whether or not to accept 'inside IR35 role'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whether or not to accept 'inside IR35 role'

Completely new to this forum, so firstly, hello everyone!

I've been significantly impacted by the new legislation and managed to bag an extension which expires this week.

The 'client' has offered me a fixed-term contract (with benefits, holiday etc) with the same role name as described when I operate through my PSC. The only difference is they've prefixed "Senior" onto the role name and changed the area of the business (previously worked on a specific work stream in a project, the FTC offer now suggests I'll be working on a Transformation portfolio) I'll be operating it (bear in mind the organisation is a fairly small bank)

Would this put me at risk of a retrospective review or would the job title have to change significantly, including the roles & responsibilities? I'd like to hear people's views.

Happy to answer any questions if any clarity is required.

Originally posted by ibronatron View Post

I've been significantly impacted by the new legislation and managed to bag an extension which expires this week.

The 'client' has offered me a fixed-term contract (with benefits, holiday etc) with the same role name as described when I operate through my PSC. The only difference is they've prefixed "Senior" onto the role name and changed the area of the business (previously worked on a specific work stream in a project, the FTC offer now suggests I'll be working on a Transformation portfolio) I'll be operating it (bear in mind the organisation is a fairly small bank)

Would this put me at risk of a retrospective review or would the job title have to change significantly, including the roles & responsibilities? I'd like to hear people's views.

Under your previous role/contract did you have benefits/holidays/etc from the client?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ibronatron View Post

Is the new role substantially different to the old role? You say that the offer "suggests" something different. But is it?

Comment

Do you think a job title really changes anything?

Staying with the client puts you near the top of the risk scale. Doing the same or similar role puts you even higher. Both together puts you in the second most risky category after a straight outside inside contractor.

We've got a sticky describing the different situations and risks.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

immaterial of the increased risk of investigation, how confident are you with the determination of your status up till now?
          If very confident, and evidenced, then probably no big deal other than the stress/headache of an investigation.

If not confident, and without evidence, then what do you think you should do? Accept a higher risk of investigation or run away?
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Sounds like you have been working inside IR35 all along but just self declared yourself outside ?

Who was revived existing setup ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
            X