• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

24 month rule when I change my home location

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24 month rule when I change my home location

Hi - Not been able to find an answer to this one. From what I read the 24month rule is all about location, nothing to do with client, role etc. I'm working in the City of London so that is classed as a location, regardless of who I work for there.

If I change my home office location significantly, does this reset the clock? I'm in the middle of moving and the journey in would be significantly different.

Thanks.

Nice try but no. What matters in the home->office scenario is the location of the office, not your home.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Would you get to court and claim that the office you’ve been going to for 5 years is a temporary workplace because you moved house?
      I reckon no matter how grey the rules, HMRC would chance their arm in front of a judge with that one.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

24 month rule is about temporary and permanent working locations which dictates whether you claim or not. Your working site hasn't changed so it's status of temporary or permanent hasn't changed so no change in what you can claim surely?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Nice try but no. What matters in the home->office scenario is the location of the office, not your home.
          permanent workplace -> temporary workplace *

Comment

If I change my home office location significantly, does this reset the clock?
            Nope. Next, please.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
            X