• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Claiming Mileage Advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I misread that and thought it said cretin
    Ouch!
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Back in the 19th century I used to drive a lot for business, I had a little mileage log book (you can buy them for a few quid) that I kept in the car and logged every journey recording which client if business. I then totted it all up at the end of the month as part of my monthly expenses. The book will get shredded when seven years have passed from the final entry.
      FTFY.

I think we have spreadsheets &/or other more advanced ways of recording mileage nowadays...
      Clarity is everything

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyDan View Post
        FTFY.

I think we have spreadsheets &/or other more advanced ways of recording mileage nowadays...
        How do you get the number of miles driven from your odometer to your spreadsheet? I didn't realise that computing technology at the turn of the 20th century was so advanced.

Comment

Originally posted by dilson23 View Post
          Thanks for the quick reply.

Northernladuk - I'm a fan. Thanks for making reading forum posts very entertaining indeed!
          Don't encourage him.

Comment

How do you get the number of miles driven from your odometer to your spreadsheet? I didn't realise that computing technology at the turn of the 20th century was so advanced.
            OCR. Before automation, your driver would undertake the task by methods unknown.

Comment

You know you are allowed to estimate the number for miles driven don't you?
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                You know you are allowed to estimate the number for miles driven don't you?
                To the nearest ten thousand?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  To the nearest ten thousand?
                  what does yourco expense policy say?
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

And dont forget, mileage is claimable upto 2 years only subject to the usual (well known) conditions unless you change the geographical location you travel to.

Comment

Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
                      And dont forget, mileage is claimable upto 2 years only subject to the usual (well known) conditions unless you change the geographical location you travel to.
                      Nope. I suspect you've got it right in your head but put it down badly. Just checking.
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X