• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another 24 month rule question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Moi? Never. Just pulling your plonker. You did say you wanted a bashing though.
    Expected, not wanted. No one likes someone talking rudely to them.

Comment

:
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        I know of people who clients have had to keep for 2 years+.

They (the contractor) insisted 100% WFH was the only option.

Obviously, you can go over 2 years if you only work 40% at the client location.

Pretty sure this would have to be the situation either from the outset of the contract, or prior to a "known" two years been up. I'm sure CP will be along to correct me should I be wrong?
        You are right. If you switched to <40% on site or even 100% WFH after 2 years it would still take some time until you can claim expenses again without a change of location.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
          You are right. If you switched to <40% on site or even 100% WFH after 2 years it would still take some time until you can claim expenses again without a change of location.
          Top man, cheers
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by lenovo View Post
            No one likes someone talking rudely to them.
            as a contractor you should (wo)man up. Nobody's here to make friends.

Sorry if off-topic but I've had a bad day with permies who want to be friendly.....
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
              as a contractor you should (wo)man up. Nobody's here to make friends.

Sorry if off-topic but I've had a bad day with permies who want to be friendly.....
              I don't have to be a d*ck because I'm a contractor.

Comment

I don't have to be a d*ck because I'm a contractor.
                You are correct. That is not the reason, nor does it have to be.

Comment

No one likes someone talking rudely to them.
                  Some people dial a £1.50 a minute phone line for that.

The 24 month rule is about how long you've been on site, not how long you've been claiming for.

Congrats on the repeat business from your client - you're clearly providing a good service

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    I'm sure CP will be along to correct me should I be wrong?
                    This is the default assumption of every comment on this site, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by RSoles View Post
                      Of course you can. If you take a contract somewhere in a significantly* different location.

* try to get the bastards to explain what that means.
                      and for me, that is the crux of the issue. Does a different location mean office, or does it mean a different city altogether?

Comment

Working...
                      X