• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FreeAgent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CatOnMat View Post
    I needed to do exactly that last year, there is a (slightly clunky) workaround:
    1. Go to Accounting > Reports > Show Transactions
    2. Select the relevant period and account for mileage
    3. Export to CSV
    4. Parse in spreadsheet (Text to columns in Excel), using ( symbol and space as delimiters, and setting it to ignore the non-mileage result columns
    5. Sum up the mileage column

HTH - not as elegant as a simple FA report of course though, they really should have one!
    Then again, a more elegant one is to do it properly. Maintain a log of business mileage outside FA (which is what you are supposed to do to validate the claims to HMRC if challenged) and enter the claims monthly as expenses in FA, either as standalone entries or against specific POs...

It sounds a faff, but it's actually no harder than trying to do it all in FA.

And, of course, log your costs against "Motor Expenses" in FA and you can get a summary via the Accounts Reporting options.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Hi all,

Can anyone confirm if FreeAgent can cope with the following accounting requirements?

Limited Company Contractor (although currently out of contract)
      Additional income from Amazon and eBay business seller accounts
      Occasional private customer invoicing, typically services and hardware (Would like to push this more, and back off the contracting)

I'm hoping the above is still considered Contractor / Small Business and doesn't present any challenges? I'm currently with Brookson but looking to move away from them as they only seem geared up for contractors with no additional revenue outside of their assignments. The only thing that has kept me with Brookson over the years is the realtime(ish) dashboard Connect. I'm hoping FreeAgent is as good or even better than the Connect dashboard?

It would also be nice to have an accounting platform that can generate custom quotes / invoices for my private work but perhaps FreeAgent won't be able to do the quote side which is fair enough.

If FreeAgent can handle what I need, then the next step is to find a new accountant !

Comment

Originally posted by joeyb View Post
        Hi all,

Can anyone confirm if FreeAgent can cope with the following accounting requirements?

Limited Company Contractor (although currently out of contract)
        Additional income from Amazon and eBay business seller accounts
        Occasional private customer invoicing, typically services and hardware (Would like to push this more, and back off the contracting)

I'm hoping the above is still considered Contractor / Small Business and doesn't present any challenges? I'm currently with Brookson but looking to move away from them as they only seem geared up for contractors with no additional revenue outside of their assignments. The only thing that has kept me with Brookson over the years is the realtime(ish) dashboard Connect. I'm hoping FreeAgent is as good or even better than the Connect dashboard?

It would also be nice to have an accounting platform that can generate custom quotes / invoices for my private work but perhaps FreeAgent won't be able to do the quote side which is fair enough.

If FreeAgent can handle what I need, then the next step is to find a new accountant !
        FreeAgent you just link your bank account and you can do your business PayPal if using that for eBay, and then you just raise invoices for each transaction
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

FreeAgent introducing filing for Final Accounts and Corporation Tax

https://support.freeagent.com/hc/en-...unts_End-users
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

Thanks, it's long overdue and no use for me any more, but very welcome to see all the same.
            Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
            Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

That's good. Hopefully Xero will follow suit soon

Comment

Also not mentioned in that post - it won’t be able to produce an accurate return if you have a small asset pool that was written off using the small pools allowance when it’s balance went below £1k as FreeAgent doesn’t support it and will maintain a small pools balance forever, adjusting for WDA every year.

Comment

After struggling with a bespoke spreadsheet from my accountant the last time I contracted one of the main criteria upon setting up my new Ltd was that were using FreeAgent.

Comment

Working...
                  X