• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FreeAgent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I am introducing the learned accountants of the forums to a potential revenue source, paid training for users of FreeAgent
    Peopleperhour have a few accountants advertising on there to spend time with people on FA to teach them how it works.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Peopleperhour have a few accountants advertising on there to spend time with people on FA to teach them how it works.
      why bother with that when Maslins does it for nothing? #freenotfee

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
        why bother with that when Maslins does it for nothing? #freenotfee
        I've got no issue with answering generic FreeAgent questions that may well help lots of people.

SimonMac - it does sound like you need to enter your opening balances. This will likely involve multiple numbers, taken from the closing trial balance of whatever you used for bookkeeping before (assuming that nicely tallied with the statutory accounts). Not something we can do via a few forum posts.

Comment

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a report out of FreeAgent so show the number of miles you have claimed this tax year?

I've pulled out the detailed transactions for 249 (Milage account) but it just shows the monetary values. I know I can dived this by .45 and it will give me the miles but I want an easier way once I hit 10,000 and the rate changes so there will be a mix of data.

From a pretty flawless system (open banking aside which I blame Aldermore for rather than FA) this seems to be a big feature gap
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a report out of FreeAgent so show the number of miles you have claimed this tax year?

I've pulled out the detailed transactions for 249 (Milage account) but it just shows the monetary values. I know I can dived this by .45 and it will give me the miles but I want an easier way once I hit 10,000 and the rate changes so there will be a mix of data.

From a pretty flawless system (open banking aside which I blame Aldermore for rather than FA) this seems to be a big feature gap
            First requested over 7 years ago and still not implemented :-(

https://community.freeagent.com/free..._reports-7xebk

Comment

It's a pretty straight forward formula that could easily be implemented in excel or similar.
              Hint: it will include an if x > 4500 to differentiate between the 2 cases (above and below 10000 miles)

Comment

FreeAgent

Introducing the Corporation Tax CT600 form - FreeAgent

FreeAgent will now be able to prepare your CT600, next step getting HMRC to accept it!

If you’re accountant bundles FA, for those with simple accounts how long until you’re paying them to just click a button
                Last edited by SimonMac; 27 October 2020, 17:53.
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Introducing the Corporation Tax CT600 form - FreeAgent

FreeAgent will now be able to prepare your CT600, next step getting HMRC to accept it!
                  With the Final Accounts report and the CT600 form now available in FreeAgent, our remaining work is to allow these to be filed directly to HMRC and Companies House.
                  I suspect I have a manual task to perform this year but next year it may save me a task.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

About bloody time too! I have no idea why any accounting system doesn't allow CT600 to be prepared/submitted. It seems they all require a special "accountants" version of their software

Hopefully the others will follow soon (especially Xero as I've just moved to them)

Comment

Unfortunately the CT600 will forever remain inaccurate for me as long as FreeAgent continues to not support the small pools allowance - my main pool for assets introduced when I first started was claimed in full when it dropped below £1000 years ago but the balance remains in FreeAgent with it adding 18% WDA on the pool each year.

Comment

Working...
                      X