• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Self Assessment - Company info required?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self Assessment - Company info required?

Hi folks

I have started my self assessment today and am surprised to see that they now ask for your LTD company information. They require the company name, turn over and a detailed breakdown of company expenses.

I know NLUK always says to keep your LTD company completely separate from your personal life, but it seems that hector considers you and your LTD pretty much one and a the same.

No question really - just a winge! Anyone else filled all this information in yet?

Originally posted by tvr450 View Post
    I know NLUK always says to keep your LTD company completely separate from your personal life
    Erm.. I don't ever recall saying that.

I do say have you asked your accountant a lot though
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Beat SueEllen to it this time, you have redeemed yourself

Comment

Got a screenshot? I didn't see anything when I did mine other than the usual questions.

Comment

Do you mean these questions?

Self Assessment Service Company Question Help | Nixon Williams
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tvr450 View Post
            I have started my self assessment today and am surprised to see that they now ask for your LTD company information. They require the company name, turn over and a detailed breakdown of company expenses.
            Have you ticked a box that says you have expenses not covered by a P11d?
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Worked out that I select "Self Employed" which is wrong of course. Sorted.
              Last edited by tvr450; 10 November 2016, 16:33.

Comment

The only time you should need to fill out anything about expenses on the employment sheets is if you've received a P11D or you want to claim tax relief for something you haven't been reimbursed for.

If all of your expenses were normally tax deductible (travel and subsistence etc) then they shouldn't have needed to go on your P11D as they are covered by an exemption as of last year.

Comment

Worked out that I select "Self Employed" which is wrong of course. Sorted
                  Phew! You had me worried there. Bad enough having to type in the same figures umpteen times on the CT return.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                  X