• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

data breach

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    He's not getting divorced FFS

If it was divorce I would say to not use a solicitor. You get better results doing it yourself. I did use a solicitor for 8 months during my first divorce. Oddly it was a lawyer who I had met before on my father's divorce! He was divorced in the 1930s - died in 1970. The lawyers were still on it until 2001!

I have come across employment law cases before and have recommended a complete Tigress/ballbreaker. Incredibly expensive. You get what you pay for.

And all the advice above is free......

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      You can bet your bottom dollar he's not being fully forthcoming with the gravity of his situation and I'll bet we never find out.
      I am betting my bottom dollar that he is overly fretting and that its an audit fishing trip.

This is why I say that one wrong word can wreck everything.

The OP is not on trial here. He has come for help.

Which is why several I know feel that CUK is a waste of space - its a good place to meet people with a similar cause then go off elsewhere - like NTRT.

The standards of moderation are just way too poor.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        This.

Not this though.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I am betting my bottom dollar that he is overly fretting and that its an audit fishing trip.

Possibly. I worded that badly and meant the number of files and how much of a breach it was. We often don't get enough information to really help.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Which is why several I know feel that CUK is a waste of space - its a good place to meet people with a similar cause then go off elsewhere - like NTRT.

Well, we're in Accounting / Legal and as such, we're establishing what the OP has done.

He's come for help and so far has admitted:
            He's sent documents to his personal email address
            He's admitted doing so to, presumably, the client (possibly via an agent)
            He has no insurance therefore was potentially operating in breach of contract

It doesn't even take Homer Simpson and his "I'm not a big city lawyer" speech to realise OP is stuffed.

First stop for me would be to go to the Citizens Advice Bureau and explain what's happened. They'd hopefully then have the contact number of an appropriate solicitor.

I don't see what's been wrong with CUK on this thread.

Perhaps the problem is the over-familiarity of the members with each other and more precisely when that spills over from general into the professional boards.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Not this though.
              Apologies about that. A certain recently returned poster is doing my head in.

Also, I feel that the comments here may, perversely, help the OP. One wrong word can blow a case apart. Hopefully the OP has learnt this - better it happens on CUK where there is no repercussions.

Comment

Last edited by Andy2; 20 April 2016, 20:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                  Its from the client. In the contract it was mentioned to get 1 mill. PI insurance which i never got , in hindsight it was big mistake.
                  How much they can sue me for ?
                  Wow are you stupid!
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    Well, we're in Accounting / Legal and as such, we're establishing what the OP has done.

He's come for help and so far has admitted:
                    He's sent documents to his personal email address
                    He's admitted doing so to, presumably, the client (possibly via an agent)
                    He has no insurance therefore was potentially operating in breach of contract

It doesn't even take Homer Simpson and his "I'm not a big city lawyer" speech to realise OP is stuffed.

First stop for me would be to go to the Citizens Advice Bureau and explain what's happened. They'd hopefully then have the contact number of an appropriate solicitor.

I don't see what's been wrong with CUK on this thread.

Perhaps the problem is the over-familiarity of the members with each other and more precisely when that spills over from general into the professional boards.
                    Possibly this part needs to move to general. But I feel some comments indicate the OP has been put on trial here.

As you say, it is severe enough to warrant a solicitor. I am curious to know what has gone on. But my over-riding concern is to make sure the OP gets help. This is not supposed to be a circus or freak show.

If the offence was less severe then fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                      can someone recommend a solicitor please. thanks
                      Dewey Cheatham & Howe LLP
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X