• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Agency won't amend contract schedule to more than a job title

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Agency won't amend contract schedule to more than a job title

    I'm new here and would appreciate some advice on where I stand with amendments to my contract schedule.

    Having recently had my contract with Rullion reviewed I have been advised to request that they expand on the services to be provided, which currently just says Business Analyst. Having previously told the agency that it would be a couple of days turnaround to get my contract reviewed, they had already included a start date 3 days ahead and sent my contract literally 2 days before I was due to start. When I asked them to add more detail to the schedule I was told that they didn't have a job description and the client wouldn't be impressed if they were going to be asked to do this. I was then told to send the agency my own understanding of what the services I would be providing should be and they would pass it on for approval by the client.

    This was this afternoon and at 5pm I received an email with my start details and who to report to tomorrow with the note that they were 'still awaiting approval. '

    When I challenged this the consultant told me that I should still start and they can update the schedule later. I expressed my unwillingness to do so and was met with 'I don't want to sound like I'm threatening you but they won't like it. Are you saying if the changes aren't made you won't start at all? ' .don't stated that the words do not need to be exact but I would need something more than just a job title. As such he has to wait until tomorrow to get 'approval' so I have been told by the annoyed consultant that he doesn't know what sort of impact this will have on the project now in terms of a delay. Am I over reacting?
    Last edited by NotAllThere; 9 February 2016, 06:43. Reason: Paragraphs!

    #2
    Whoa there cowboy, where's the paragraphs?

    Mod note: I added some.
    Last edited by NotAllThere; 9 February 2016, 06:43. Reason: Mod note.

    Comment


      #3
      Not over reacting but you shouldn't have let it get this late IMO. Making it clear to the agent you don't go in until the contract is sorted often gets things moving much quicker.

      I wouldn't be going in until it's sorted. Asking for details of the work is not unreasonable and is needed to make sure you are not IR35 caught. The client will appreciate this. The client knows what he wants you to do. That's why the gig got raised.

      The agent knows nothing about the project or delays. If he did he would know what you will be doing which he clearly doesn't and can't be arsed to find out. Sounds very much like the agent has been lazy and it's now gotten to the point the client might question the agents handling of the situation so the agent doesn't want to speak to them.

      Client wants you. To can you and start again will be an even bigger delay so you are holding the cards.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

      Comment


        #4
        Get in touch with the client tomorrow, apologise for the delay and say the contract with the agency has not been sorted as it's missing some important details that are required for legal purposes.

        Then do as NLUK says.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Boney M View Post
          Whoa there cowboy, where's the paragraphs?

          Mod note: I added some.
          There's 3 of them but I admit, I was in the midst of a finger rant when I typed that....so I do apologise. ....:

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Not over reacting but you shouldn't have let it get this late IMO. Making it clear to the agent you don't go in until the contract is sorted often gets things moving much quicker.
            I understand what you're saying NLUK but the annoying thing is that the agent asked me how long I would need to get the contract reviewed and I'd already said at least two days. ....and that was only 3 days before the proposed contract start date. The 'Account Manager' and so called admin team who it was then passed over to sat on it for a further day before it reached me. Knowing that this would result in literally no time allowed for any contract amendments, you would have thought that the agency would have forseen this and moved the start date beforehand?

            Comment


              #7
              I did tell the agency yesterday that I wouldn't go ahead with the contract until the changes were made which I feel is a big risk. Not heard back from them yet so fingers crossed they don't can me. ..

              Comment


                #8
                Care to name & shame the agent?
                {emotionless greeting}

                Three Word Slogan

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Care to name & shame the agent?
                  Rullion

                  Comment


                    #10
                    They are trying it on as its more work for them (heaven forbid they should actually be asked to do any work for their cut!), stick to your guns, the client wants you. If It all goes pear shaped I would make sure the client know whose b@lls up it is.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X