• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SJD (Manchester) Service Going Down The Pan?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SJD (Manchester) Service Going Down The Pan?

Hi All, just wondering if anyone has any supporting anecdotal evidence with regards to the service from SJD in Manchester going down the pan?

I've been happy with them for the last 2 years but they seem to have lost a number of key staff from the Manchester office and the service is now terrible. I asked for my company accounts to be done as a matter of urgency to support a mortgage application 10 weeks ago and now they're just ignoring my emails or taking days to respond to them because my "dedicated accountant" is on holiday...... When I email the regional manager I get exchange server invalid address bounce backs.

Chances are the house purchase is about to fall through because of this unless I go to someone like CMME and pay the fees so I can get a mortgage on the strength of the contract.

Anyone else noticed poor service from SJD in the last few months?
    Have you tried switching it off and back on again??

I left them last year because of the same. Daniel left, Jamie left and them my current accountant left and the new guy started making mistakes with no one left I could trust so had to go. They were great for 7 years for me, Just things changed.

Jamie is now running an outfit called Gorilla Accounting in Bolton. New start up from a large finance company. They used freeagent which is great and speak to Jamie everytime I call which is even better than before. Cheaper than SJD as well. I'd recommend them if you are after a change.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You should get them back in 4 weeks.
      Last edited by Contractor UK; 4 August 2021, 12:22.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        I left them last year because of the same. Daniel left, Jamie left and them my current accountant left and the new guy started making mistakes with no one left I could trust so had to go. They were great for 7 years for me, Just things changed.

Jamie is now running an outfit called Gorilla Accounting in Bolton. New start up from a large finance company. They used freeagent which is great and speak to Jamie everytime I call which is even better than before. Cheaper than SJD as well. I'd recommend them if you are after a change.
        Yeah I'm chatting to Jamie at the moment, she was my accountant at SJD hence why I'm tempted to jump ship. I just need to get this years accounts done and dusted before I shift over.

Good to hear from someone else who's made the change, thanks for the reply

Comment

I sent the data for them to be compiled on the 7th June and started chasing on the 28th July. Guess the guarantee means nothing.....

Cheers for the link though.
          Last edited by Contractor UK; 4 August 2021, 12:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Intel View Post
            Yeah I'm chatting to Jamie at the moment, she was my accountant at SJD hence why I'm tempted to jump ship. I just need to get this years accounts done and dusted before I shift over.

Good to hear from someone else who's made the change, thanks for the reply
            Another concern is their takehome calculator, which is based on working 260 days a year, (5*52).

Would be nice to tweak the days to something else.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I do know a friend who needed the same and he ended up paying a charge to get them done quickly, which they were when he paid up to be fair.

You won't regret the jump. Although did like the spreadsheets Freeagent is pretty smart.

I didn't bother to wait till year end. The trust had gone so I Just went. Jamie will know the spreadsheet well enough to make year end painless I reckon.
              Last edited by northernladuk; 18 August 2015, 10:10.

Comment

And can anyone tell me why my Samsung S6 autocorrect some words like Just capitalised even though I keep deleting the entry? Grrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  I do know a friend who needed the same and he ended up paying a charge to get them done quickly, which they were when he paid up to be fair.

You won't regret the jump. Although did like the spreadsheets Freeagent is pretty smart.

I didn't bother to wait till year end. The trust had gone so I Just went. Jamie will know the spreadsheet well enough to make year end painless I reckon.
                  I do like the spreadsheet, it makes it easy to stick your estimated expenses to run to the end of the year into the final month and adjust the dividends to see how much you can take out as of today and assuming you don't work any more for the rest of the year (I like to play it safe on profitability and ensuring I don't pay any illegal dividends, I can always empty the leftover dividends at year end.).

Have started the ball rolling, cheers for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    Another concern is their takehome calculator, which is based on working 260 days a year, (5*52).

Would be nice to tweak the days to something else.
                    That would explain my cr*p figures from the post on dividend tax changes the other day......

Comment

Working...
                    X