• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "SJD (Manchester) Service Going Down The Pan?"

Collapse

• noddy2
    replied
    Originally posted by ceebeepps View Post
    Sadly i got notice of him leaving right on my year end so too little time to move this FY. I know where he has gone if that would help....?
    It would please - I was on holiday when he left so didn't even have chance to wish him well and ask where he was going thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Antonio by any chance?
    Yep

Leave a comment:

• ceebeepps
    replied
    Originally posted by noddy2 View Post
    Snap! Which was a real shame, as Antonio was great.
    I'm also looking for a new accountancy.
    Sadly i got notice of him leaving right on my year end so too little time to move this FY. I know where he has gone if that would help....?

Leave a comment:

• noddy2
    replied
    Antonio by any chance?
    Snap! Which was a real shame, as Antonio was great.
    I'm also looking for a new accountancy.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    SA302 seems like a step forward to me, although when we were last looking our IFA juggled accounts, SA302 and other things for each lender to put things in the best light. Made me feel it was a service worth using

Leave a comment:

• ceebeepps
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Hemel Hempstead office is also not doing well. new accountant every 6 -12 months and my last one left a month ago and no replacement so far.
    Antonio by any chance?

Leave a comment:

• JB3000
    replied
    Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
    Many lenders are now accepting Sa302 forms as proof of income but of course they only show what comes out of the business as opposed to in. HBOS, I understand, now ask for SA302"s as default rather than accounts.
    Barclays require signed accounts.

Do you do them? And if so, how much do you charge (one man band ltd on free agent)?

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
    So if your money is in the business more than paid out, they can't help?
    Correct. But they don't know your cost base/money that you need to retain versus what you consider your warchest. HSBC seem keen on your warchest being in a personal account rather than a business account.

Leave a comment:

• Alan @ BroomeAffinity
    replied
    Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
    Pretty much. They'll lend based on withdrawals from the business. Thinking of accounts refs I've completed recently many lenders are only interested in what's taken out. Santander don't even ask about turnover or profits, just salary and divis - I think.

Leave a comment:

• PerfectStorm
    replied
    Many lenders are now accepting Sa302 forms as proof of income but of course they only show what comes out of the business as opposed to in. HBOS, I understand, now ask for SA302"s as default rather than accounts.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Same goes for HSBC. The new rhetoric for banks, as of spring last year, is apparently to get lending more but be more careful who you lend to.

Leave a comment:

• Alan @ BroomeAffinity
    replied
    Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
    Anyone can sign a mortgage statement but whether the bank accepts it depends on the bank. If there is someone who is ACCA you should be ok. Some accept AAT.

Leave a comment:

• Waldorf
    replied
    Usually only owners/directors of an accountancy practice would be required to hold a practising certificate, so employees of SJD or any other accounting company would not normally hold one.

Anyone can sign a mortgage statement but whether the bank accepts it depends on the bank. If there is someone who is ACCA you should be ok. Some accept AAT.

Leave a comment:

• JB3000
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin at SJD Manchester View Post
    I am unsure why you think this. SJD have a number of staff that hold practicing certificates.

Martin
    Can these staff sign accounts for mortgages?

Is there an extra charge for this?

Leave a comment:

• ContrataxLtd
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin at SJD Manchester View Post
    Without a directory of SJD's staff I don't see what you could be looking for.

We are not an ACCA registered firm, nor have we claimed to be. We are no longer regulated by an Accounting body, the reason for this is because the owners of the business do not hold the necessary accounting qualifications.

Having said that, we have far more qualified staff than any of our competitors. If I were a paying client, I would be more interested in the qualification level of the staff and management doing the day-to-day work, than that of the owners.
    Thanks Martin, you've provided the clarifications I was after in terms of regulation etc.

Again, my apologies for any confusion I may have caused too. I was more relating to the firm being regulated by an accountancy body post takeover rather than individual staff and the practicing certificate side of things.

I would also agree with you that the qualification level of the staff/management doing the work is the most important factor rather than that of the owners.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X