• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SJD (Manchester) Service Going Down The Pan?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Intel View Post
    That would explain my cr*p figures from the post on dividend tax changes the other day......
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Hi All, just wondering if anyone has any supporting anecdotal evidence with regards to the service from SJD in Manchester going down the pan?

I've been happy with them for the last 2 years but they seem to have lost a number of key staff from the Manchester office and the service is now terrible. I asked for my company accounts to be done as a matter of urgency to support a mortgage application 10 weeks ago and now they're just ignoring my emails or taking days to respond to them because my "dedicated accountant" is on holiday...... When I email the regional manager I get exchange server invalid address bounce backs.

Chances are the house purchase is about to fall through because of this unless I go to someone like CMME and pay the fees so I can get a mortgage on the strength of the contract.

Anyone else noticed poor service from SJD in the last few months?
      Hi Intel,

I have recently been appointed as the Area Manager of SJD's Manchester branch.

You are correct in saying that we lost some Accountants earlier in the year, prior to my involvement there. We have since replaced them and now have more qualified Accountants than we have ever had before.

Of course it is to be expected that staff changes may affect service levels temporarily, however I can assure you that service levels since are only improving, evidenced by the fact the Manchester branch completed more accounts in July than it has in any other month this year.

I am not aware of any accounts there were asked to be done 10 weeks ago, but I can assure you that we will always endeavour to have them completed urgently where mortgages or other urgent matters are concerned. If you could kindly PM me with your details I will ensure the accounts are prepared immediately.

Martin

Comment

Hemel Hempstead office is also not doing well. new accountant every 6 -12 months and my last one left a month ago and no replacement so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin at SJD Manchester View Post
          Hi Intel,

I have recently been appointed as the Area Manager of SJD's Manchester branch.

You are correct in saying that we lost some Accountants earlier in the year, prior to my involvement there. We have since replaced them and now have more qualified Accountants than we have ever had before.

Of course it is to be expected that staff changes may affect service levels temporarily, however I can assure you that service levels since are only improving, evidenced by the fact the Manchester branch completed more accounts in July than it has in any other month this year.

I am not aware of any accounts there were asked to be done 10 weeks ago, but I can assure you that we will always endeavour to have them completed urgently where mortgages or other urgent matters are concerned. If you could kindly PM me with your details I will ensure the accounts are prepared immediately.

Martin
          Hi Martin,
          I can't PM you (the option isn't available), most likely due to your new status on the forum. If you wish to track it down I sent a chase up email at 10:39 to the accountant with the initials MM, with WM covering for her absence at the moment.

The original email to request the accounts completion, along with the required documentation was sent on 7th June at 11:14am with acknowledgement on the 8th June at 10:16am.

To be honest though, and as NLUK has already noted, the trust has gone and once gone it can't be easily rebuilt. I'll be moving and following my previous accountant to her new outfit.
          Have you tried switching it off and back on again??

Comment

To be honest though, and as NLUK has already noted, the trust has gone and once gone it can't be easily rebuilt. I'll be moving and following my previous accountant to her new outfit.
            Yeah, but the task at hand is to get you what you need for your mortgage, and if they've committed to that he's doing the right thing to make it an immediate priority, whether you go afterwards or not.

So please post back to let us know if he gets it sorted.

Comment

Hi Martin,
              I can't PM you (the option isn't available), most likely due to your new status on the forum. If you wish to track it down I sent a chase up email at 10:39 to the accountant with the initials MM, with WM covering for her absence at the moment.

The original email to request the accounts completion, along with the required documentation was sent on 7th June at 11:14am with acknowledgement on the 8th June at 10:16am.

Hi Intel,

Thanks for getting back to me. I am not in Manchester today but have spoken with the Team Manager there. He will personally respond to your email today.

We have also located your emails to a former Regional Manager. The emails were blocked, stopping the auto-forward from working and bouncing them back to you.

I note your final point about moving on. I hope we can change your mind, however I will ensure the accounts are with you in the next day or two in any case.

Martin

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                And can anyone tell me why my Samsung S6 autocorrect some words like Just capitalised even though I keep deleting the entry? Grrrrr
                Need to buy an iPhone, simples

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                  Hemel Hempstead office is also not doing well. new accountant every 6 -12 months and my last one left a month ago and no replacement so far.
                  Been without a "dedicated" accountant for two months, finally got one. But time to move on so will let them Finnish of my FY and then I'm off too!

Anyone know what the notice period is by chance? Please don't tell me to ask my accountant

Comment

Originally posted by AJ1982 View Post
                    Been without a "dedicated" accountant for two months, finally got one. But time to move on so will let them Finnish of my FY and then I'm off too!
                    There isn't a notice period is there? It's a yearly contract and you pay a monthly portion of that fee. It just stops when you stop using the service and you pay pro-rata what you owe (or vice versa)? I don't remember working a notice period with them.
                    Anyone know what the notice period is by chance? Please don't tell me to ask my accountant
                    Did you do a search?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
                      Need to buy an iPhone, simples
                      If it lets me type simples I'll be taking it straight back
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X