• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SJD (Manchester) Service Going Down The Pan?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
    Yeah, but the task at hand is to get you what you need for your mortgage, and if they've committed to that he's doing the right thing to make it an immediate priority, whether you go afterwards or not.

So please post back to let us know if he gets it sorted.
    Update on this as requested. With the elevation by Martin @ SJD to the Manchester Team Manager the accounts were completed and sent to me by 6pm. As such I have the documentation needed to deal with the mortgage application which is the primary concern.

I'm still moving to Gorilla on the basis that my professional relationship with Jamie was the foundation of getting my business up and running and keeping the accounting side going smoothly (hence the trust there) but have provided feedback to SJD, hopefully it will help them act on the issues that seem to be cropping up more than they used to. I did enjoy a couple of years of stellar service so hopefully for them it's just a blip rather than a longer term decline.
    Have you tried switching it off and back on again??

Comment

To counter the experience that Intel has had, I've been with SJD for five years and never had a problem.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Intel View Post
        Update on this as requested.
        Thanks for that, good for them and good to hear that it got sorted for you.

Comment

Gorilla better treat Jamie nice- otherwise they will lose all their clients when she leaves!

Double whammy for SJD, losing staff AND clients to Gorilla.

They are basically SJD 2.0

They're cheaper than my current accountants- I've got to take a serious look at them after my year end. And they use Free Agent. Happy days!

Comment

Intouch seemed to have a far better approach managing the depart of key staff members....
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Intel View Post
              I'm still moving to Gorilla on the basis that my professional relationship with Jamie.
              I've just looked at the Gorilla website, Jamie does not appear to be a qualified accountant, despite completing an accountancy degree in 2010 she has yet to complete the final exams of ACCA.

The other 'accountants' listed do not work in the business but work for Seneca Partners, a private equity group who have invested in the business. Judging by the previous name, Complex Investment Claims, this company was originally set up for another purpose.

In my experience I would stick with accountants who actually have a qualification.

A final check, ask if they are monitored by one of the main accountancy bodies.
              "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Martin at SJD Manchester View Post
                Of course it is to be expected that staff changes may affect service levels temporarily, however I can assure you that service levels since are only improving, evidenced by the fact the Manchester branch completed more accounts in July than it has in any other month this year.
                Martin
                That is very disappointing and not good practice. Staff churn is a natural factor in business as usual and should be well managed to avoid impacting on service levels. Usually there is a notice period being worked which allows for knowledge not in the system to be handed over. It would be difficult to meet recognised quality management standards without a decent process in place. Setting an expectation of failure is not helpful.
                DORMANT ACCOUNT

Comment

Originally posted by kyber View Post
                  That is very disappointing and not good practice. Staff churn is a natural factor in business as usual and should be well managed to avoid impacting on service levels. Usually there is a notice period being worked which allows for knowledge not in the system to be handed over. It would be difficult to meet recognised quality management standards without a decent process in place. Setting an expectation of failure is not helpful.
                  Can I have some of what you are on please?
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Can I have some of what you are on please?
                    Sure. You want the full panacea or just an optimism dose?
                    DORMANT ACCOUNT

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
                      A final check, ask if they are monitored by one of the main accountancy bodies.
                      You will find that even some of the big boys, are not under a governing body (SJD, Churchill Knight etc).

Comment

Working...
                      X