• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not vey impressed with InTouch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    I asked them about the mileage efficiency of my car so that they could advise me on whether to claim mileage or not - and the lazy feckers couldn't be arsed to find that out either!
    Sack them I say!! The work shy bounders!!
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Here are the FACTS:-

2) Its not means-tested so you can get contribution-based JSA for 12 months.

I think this FACT is wrong.

Comment

9) Not sure on this one but its probably best not to pay dividends whilst on JSA if you can help it. Probably allowed but its just going to cause hassle.

10) Smugly sitting there and boasting on the forum that you'd never claim wont pay your mortgage.
        Paying the aforementioned dividend might though.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          He is about half right (as always)...

You can get contribution based ESA for a year and its not means tested. It is however eligibility restricted (if you ain't worked and paid NI you won't get it)....
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Contributions JSA is claimable for 6 months.

The main reason to claim it is that it can be a gateway benefit to other things.

An accountant would not be able to advise you on this but one of the many charities around who deal with it would.

However the Job Centre may force you to attend work based activity during that time - depends where you live on the likelihood of that.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              He is about half right (as always)...

You can get contribution based ESA for a year and its not means tested. It is however eligibility restricted (if you ain't worked and paid NI you won't get it)....
              Who is "He"?

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                Who is "He"?
                Psychocandy....
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by new2c View Post
                  I have been with InTouch for nearly an year now and joined them after finding positive recommendations here. But, my experience has with them has been very ordinary.

My PAYE payment to HMRC was not adjusted with the refund due from HMRC and I had a torrid time asking questions about this, this was when I already discussed the refund due with them earlier in the year and I was assured that this will be adjusted against the payment to HMRC at the year end.

Most accountants have facility to generate a PDF payslip for the salary and send it to you by email, but InTouch asked me "Why do you need a payslip, you can just look the payroll data on the portal". Again, after some discussion it was agreed with them the account will mark in her 'diary' to remember sending me the payslip. This was an year ago, but till date I have never received the payslip without me reminding them in the first or second week of each month.

Some accountants suggest that they do not charge their monthly fee or charge a reduced fee if you are out of contract for a certain period, but InTouch do not have such policy and you continue to pay them the monthly fee even if you are not adding any data to the portal or asking for advice when you are on the bench.

Also, on the forum I have noticed some contractors suggesting that one can claim JSA in the periods when you are out contract, again InTouch initially suggested that this is not possible, when I mentioned that I will not draw any salary in those months and will claim JSA, I was told that 'it gets very messy' if you do that.

They claim on their portal that they provide IR35 assessment included in the monthly fee - this is NOT true as till date I am still to have any IR35 advice from them. This is even after asking them.

So, in a nutshell - if you go even a little bit outside the normal regular stuff, just forget about getting proper attention from them. I was told that "They haven't reviewed mycontract as I mentioned that I will get Qdos to review it."

If I am getting a barebone service which just does the bare minimum, I might as well go to Crunch or similar service.

Also, how about using Freeagent on your own without engaging any accountant, a common myth is that you need an accountant to do your year end accounts, is this true?
                  How hard is it for you to adjust your next PAYE payment? If there is a refund sitting within your PAYE account of £150 simply reduce your next PAYE payment by £150 or ask your accountant to call or write to HMRC to request the refund as a cheque.

To be fair, although much of your post is trivial and overreaction, strictly speaking you are right to request your payslips and In Touch should be providing these without quarrel. They should also provide you with your P60 and P11D. I'm surprised they are not doing this.

If they don't stop or reduce their fee why did you sign up with them? If you don't like it simply switch to another accountant! However the grass is always greener on the other side! Accountants who reduce their fee when a contractor is out of work are likely to be more expensive than InTouch when the contractor is in work! It's simply a case of swings and roundabouts.

Why on earth would you ask your accountant to advise on JSA? Surely that's what the job centre is for? Have you heard of google? Next you'll be asking them to find you a mortgage product and pension scheme provider.

Obviously they are not going to waste their time reviewing your contract if you have mentioned you are getting it reviewed by Qdos. What is your problem?

You seem hell bent on picking up on the smallest details and turning a mole hill into a mountain. You seem to think that there is a perfect firm of accountants that will tick every box, wash your underpants and do it cheaply and for free when you are not working. This is simply not the case. Feel free to go to Crunch and then you'll probably be complaining about something else, e.g. no dedicated accountant, etc.

Chill out. All this stress cannot be good for you. You only live once.

Comment

I guess it's a challenge replying to a thread without being sarcastic and patronizing towards the OP

Perhaps spare a thought and bit of courtesy for posters who are not as learned as you are.

Comment

To the OP: have you actually told InTouch prior to this thread that you're unhappy... you know, like an adult so they can reply to your complaints and perhaps do something about it?

Have you picked up the phone?
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X