• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not vey impressed with InTouch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by new2c View Post

(4) It is not unreasonable to expect them to give you the correct facts, about laying off yourself in between contracts and about the P45 to be issues and manual adjustments of the payroll. I had long discussions about this with them multiple times. I never asked them about how to claim JSA or am I eligible or not. I just told that I intend not to draw any salary next month and will claim JSA, and I was told "it gets very messy" or "as a company director you can't do that".
    Again, I don't expect them to give me details about JSA eligibility or pensions or mortgages.
    It felt as if they can't be arsed to even manipulate payroll data.
    OP - Im with you on this one here. If you told them you're plan then it seems very much like they're attitude as I originally said is based around the premise of "can't be arsed to do the paperwork so I'll fob him off". Very poor Intouch.

I'm with NW and they were happy to manipulate payroll depending on what I wanted to do and even came up suggestions etc which is top service I thought.

Of course, if you stop salary for one month then pay more the next month it will accrue NI/tax which you'll have to pay at the time. But it all evens out at tax return time.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      OP - Im with you on this one here. If you told them you're plan then it seems very much like they're attitude as I originally said is based around the premise of "can't be arsed to do the paperwork so I'll fob him off". Very poor Intouch.

I'm with NW and they were happy to manipulate payroll depending on what I wanted to do and even came up suggestions etc which is top service I thought.

Of course, if you stop salary for one month then pay more the next month it will accrue NI/tax which you'll have to pay at the time. But it all evens out at tax return time.
      Point of order, NI does not 'even out' at the end of the tax year as tax does. There are different rules for different pay periods and periodicity and if you don't get it right, you can significantly 'overpay' on NI. I can't remember the rules exactly and if people can't be bothered to look them up, I'm not going to do it for them. I am sure one of our friendly accountants who knows it off by heart will be along to confirm this shortly

Comment

I'm sorry, I know this isn't a debate about JSA, but you need to have a long hard look in the mirror. There are people who struggle to make ends meet, who are desperate for money, and JSA and associated benefits is a real help to them while they are out of work. You earn (presumably) hundreds and hundreds per day when you're in a contract, and yet you claim because just because you're entitled to? I know you were out of contract and your wife was sick, but you're a contractor - for christ's sake, you continually actively encourage people to do what you did and claim benefits.

You are a real piece of work, and I really don't know how you sleep at night. You're as morally ethical as people who choose not to work as a lifestyle choice and just claim benefits for life IMO. The welfare system is intended to help those who are in need of help. Not contractors who have found that they are entitled to it (because it isn't completely means tested, due to the expense of means testing).

Sorry, everyone for the rant, and I know PC has heard this sort of stuff before, but it just really angers me how undeserving people claim benefits and don't ever stop to think if this is really what the system was intended for.

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
          Point of order, NI does not 'even out' at the end of the tax year as tax does. There are different rules for different pay periods and periodicity and if you don't get it right, you can significantly 'overpay' on NI. I can't remember the rules exactly and if people can't be bothered to look them up, I'm not going to do it for them. I am sure one of our friendly accountants who knows it off by heart will be along to confirm this shortly
          Possibly just tax then the once I did it. Cant remember.

Comment

Originally posted by GillsMan View Post
            I'm sorry, I know this isn't a debate about JSA, but you need to have a long hard look in the mirror. There are people who struggle to make ends meet, who are desperate for money, and JSA and associated benefits is a real help to them while they are out of work. You earn (presumably) hundreds and hundreds per day when you're in a contract, and yet you claim because just because you're entitled to? I know you were out of contract and your wife was sick, but you're a contractor - for christ's sake, you continually actively encourage people to do what you did and claim benefits.

You are a real piece of work, and I really don't know how you sleep at night. You're as morally ethical as people who choose not to work as a lifestyle choice and just claim benefits for life IMO. The welfare system is intended to help those who are in need of help. Not contractors who have found that they are entitled to it (because it isn't completely means tested, due to the expense of means testing).

Sorry, everyone for the rant, and I know PC has heard this sort of stuff before, but it just really angers me how undeserving people claim benefits and don't ever stop to think if this is really what the system was intended for.
            Yep heard it all before. And yes I have thought about it and do sleep at night.

Gillman - let me ask you a question? Then I'll leave this be. Do you do any of the following?

1) Pay minimal salary so that no NI is paid ever?
            2) Split dividends with the mrs to avoid paying higher rate tax?
            3) Pay yourself 45p a mile to get to the office whilst the permie sitting next to you can't do this and has to pay tax on this amount?
            4) Do you have kids and claim child benefit?

Comment

Wasn't this thread which isn't in General meant to be about InTouch Accounting? Just thought I'd point it out
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

1) Pay minimal salary so that no NI is paid ever?
                No
                2) Split dividends with the mrs to avoid paying higher rate tax?
                No
                3) Pay yourself 45p a mile to get to the office whilst the permie sitting next to you can't do this and has to pay tax on this amount?
                No
                4) Do you have kids and claim child benefit?
                No

What's your point, caller?
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  No
                  No
                  No
                  No

What's your point, caller?
                  FAQQER. So you really do none of these things and just pay your entire contract income as PAYE like a permie? If you do then fair play to you but most dont.

Comment

I think we've concluded that InTouch are not experts when it comes to JSA or Caravans. Neither of those are a big part of my accounting needs so I think I'll stick with them.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

While I can't say much about the rest of the thread, I had a poor experience with InTouch as well and left them fairly quickly.

Comment

Working...
                      X