• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Subject to investigation without being notified

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Do you work through your own limited company or through some other means?
    I have a PSC, though I might as well be PAYE but that would mean I need ministerial approval for my salary so they won't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      so good luck.
      Thanks I think after chatting it through with you guys and some of my other colleagues I'm just going to sit back and ride the wave. See where it goes and thank my lucky stars I have a war chest and a healthy pension pot to sit back on for a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by obviousthrowaway View Post
        Thanks I think after chatting it through with you guys and some of my other colleagues I'm just going to sit back and ride the wave. See where it goes and thank my lucky stars I have a war chest and a healthy pension pot to sit back on for a few years.
        You an still become a contract warrior like us lowly souls
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          You an still become a contract warrior like us lowly souls
          There is nothing lowly about contractors. My best teams have always relied on bringing in good contingent staff and nothing in the public sector would work if contractors were't there sorting out the mess made by civil servants and big consultancies.

Comment

There is nothing lowly about contractors. My best teams have always relied on bringing in good contingent staff and nothing in the public sector would work if contractors were't there sorting out the mess made by civil servants and big consultancies.
            Could you please notify HMRC and tell them to get off our backs or they will have no systems

Comment

Originally posted by DijStra View Post
              Durrhhh ... Sorry never seen it expressed like that but I'm not a typical contractor. Most of my contracts are >24 months, with the civil service and have been inside IR35 for as long as I can be bothered to check. I just ramp the rate up to compensate so it makes no difference practically.

As for job boards I don't use them and all my work is on referral, hence I'm worried about an investigation and the impact that it will have on future roles. Despite the 16 years of contracting I'm still a newbie when it comes to the stuff you guys and gals do.
              Should have known that but I'm not a typical contractor unlike you guys and gals I'm not much of a contract warrior. My roles are normally >36 months, and have been assessed on two occasions as inside IR35 it not something that bothers me. I just ramp up my rate to compensate.

As for job boards in last 16 years I've only ever got roles by personal recommendation hence the investigation is really important to me get resolved, exit or not.
              Are these two people the same!?

This investigation could be anything. It could be unprofessional conduct (telling someone to 'effing grow up' is frowned upon in the civil service) or it could be off payroll dogma seeing as alexander fined two departments and got rid of 90 or contractors.

If you are running around breaking confidences (such as your friend telling you you are to be investigated and then going straight to your 'boss') then that's another possibility you've put someone's nose out of joint.

Of course, you could just be the inter department patsy being set up to carry the can.

Myself, Id have respected my friend's comment and kept my trap shut. Instead, Id say you've poked the bear in the eye with a tulipty stick.
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

whoops
                ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Well, you'll be welcome under a new login ID once you've burnt this one.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                    Are these two people the same!?
                    Yep we are sorry thought I should make throwaway more obvious then logged into different browser when I got back to my desk.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                      or it could be off payroll dogma seeing as alexander fined two departments and got rid of 90 or contractors.

If you are running around breaking confidences.
                      Hadn't thought of the Danny effect. That makes sense as a reason still we'll see

Confidante would know I'd ask outright and is fine about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X