• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax - Ongoing battle against S58 FA2008

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MishiMoo View Post
    I have received notification from MP that my APNs are not valid, together with their reasons and the outline of a letter I must send to HMRC to point this out, asking for them to be withdrawn. The reasons are not specific to my case so I cannot see why they will not apply to yours as well. But send them off to MP and await their instructions.
    Are NTRT providing any guidance around this (such as the reasons the APNs may be invalid) for people who used other scheme promoters?

Comment

Originally posted by MishiMoo View Post
      This is for 04/05 and 05/06. No instructions regarding 06/07 and 07/08 received. Was planning to ask them about that....
      Ok great. Same years as me basically.

Looking forward to hearing the response to 06/07 and 07/08.

Comment

Originally posted by OneUnited View Post
        I totally agree, lets get the FTT ball rolling, time is of the essence
        Perhaps it is worth having one or two people try the review just to test the temperature. It is possible something will come up. The problem is if hundreds if people request a review we may well end up with inconsistent responses.

The FTT is the best bet but bear in mind that it may take several years to get heard as I think there is a large backlog. Finally it is probably worth waiting for the result of the Huitson FTTT result first as it may be favourable although I don't consider that likely.

Comment

Read this

Appeals | Tax Chambers, 15 Old Square | Tax Advice, Tax Barrister, Tax Advisor | Tax Expert | Tax consultant | Tax lawyer - Tax Chambers - Tax Chambers

Ignore the advertorials because the process etc is valid and could be useful.
          Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

30 days to appeal, does that apply to APN's

Comment

Originally posted by bananarepublic View Post
              Perhaps it is worth having one or two people try the review just to test the temperature. It is possible something will come up. The problem is if hundreds if people request a review we may well end up with inconsistent responses.

The FTT is the best bet but bear in mind that it may take several years to get heard as I think there is a large backlog. Finally it is probably worth waiting for the result of the Huitson FTTT result first as it may be favourable although I don't consider that likely.
              Agree that time is of the essence. The review process at least gets in you in the door asap, gambling on finding impartiality in a 30+45 timeframe. Acceptance of George gives little time to manoeuvre. Who knows what they'll dream up between now and a tribunal. Might remove the time thingy in retrospective cases, irrespective of the calc. Time travel has been used before. Any thoughts on the effects of George on Monty?
              Last edited by the great escape; 27 April 2015, 18:42.

Comment

Finally it is probably worth waiting for the result of the Huitson FTTT result first as it may be favourable although I don't consider that likely.
                Risky. We have been advised if we do that it could be viewed as "abuse of process".

As I've said before, delay only serves HMRC.
                Last edited by DonkeyRhubarb; 27 April 2015, 19:13.

Comment

I vote pedal to the metal and let's go to FTT. The time for talk has long passed.

Listen, HMRC have dished out the fraud angle to scare people poo-less. I dont see any way their fraud argument stand up but are we going to back down because of it? What realistic option is left if we do backdown now?

I really dont see much point in Anne Redstone's(?) opinion on hrmc's fraud stance. If she says they are peeing in the wind, you'd need 3 or 4 similar legal views to confirm this as each FTT and Chairman could reach a different conclusion. Same if she says they have a better than even chance, other FTT's and chairmen may think different.

Its time for action. Let's get on the front foot for a change and go for the throat.
                  I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Sigh, well the withdrawal of all these APN's recently doesn't mean they are stopping....I just received my first actual APN today :/
                    They really are incompetent though - they reference the CN they sent but are out by a day and the amount they ask for is a couple of hundred off the amount of the CN too....enough to declare it invalid I wonder?
                    Emailing it to MP as instructed but I have the feeling this will only be a delaying tactic rather than a stop it dead tactic....
                    Hopefully the George argument will come to the rescue... :/

Comment

Wouldn't want to lose Huitson and then have them issue demands saying you've lost your tribunal, pay up.

Comment

Working...
                      X