+ Reply to Thread
Posts 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    sab
    sab is offline

    Nervous Newbie

    sab has no reputation


    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default First Contract role in the Uk - advice required

    Hi Forum Members,

    British citizen - I have spent the last 3.5 years in Aus and contracting there. I have moved back to the UK and just got a contract at a bank. First time for me contracting in the UK - set up a Limited Company this week and have been contacted by a company called Darwin who tell me they can get me more of my rate back in my salary - asked some obvious questions, e.g. bank account over here, tax loop holes etc but this is not my area of expertise in FS. Would love some advice? Thank you.

  2. #2

    Some things in Moderation

    cojak - scorchio!

    cojak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Look to your right...
    Posts
    17,723
    Thanks (Given)
    443
    Thanks (Received)
    926
    Likes (Given)
    3928
    Likes (Received)
    2583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sab View Post
    Hi Forum Members,

    British citizen - I have spent the last 3.5 years in Aus and contracting there. I have moved back to the UK and just got a contract at a bank. First time for me contracting in the UK - set up a Limited Company this week and have been contacted by a company called Darwin who tell me they can get me more of my rate back in my salary - asked some obvious questions, e.g. bank account over here, tax loop holes etc but this is not my area of expertise in FS. Would love some advice? Thank you.
    Welcome to CUK

    Well, I would just ask those posters who have been users of Darwin and are now facing BIG tax bills.
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...heme-user.html

  3. #3
    eek
    eek is offline

    bored now

    eek is a fount of knowledge

    eek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    😂
    Posts
    21,688
    Thanks (Given)
    222
    Thanks (Received)
    1096
    Likes (Given)
    986
    Likes (Received)
    3311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cojak View Post
    Welcome to CUK

    Well, I would just ask those posters who have been users of Darwin and are now facing BIG tax bills.
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...heme-user.html
    Wcs you have been doing everything right just ignore Darwin and others who pray on your greed
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

  4. #4

    Faqqed Off

    TheFaQQer - scorchio!

    TheFaQQer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    35,707
    Thanks (Given)
    362
    Thanks (Received)
    1215
    Likes (Given)
    3508
    Likes (Received)
    3024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    Wcs you have been doing everything right just ignore Darwin and others who pray on your greed
    Our father, who giveth thy greed...

    prey
    Best Forum Advisor, 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.