• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IP address from forum posts?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    I didnt bring it up!
    Doesn't matter. You've made your bed so gotta lie in it till its died down. You are never gonna get rid of it unless you try by just moving on.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      Don't forget that you need to take IP spoofing into account - the supposedly in my first reply is because I can in theory fake my IP address to make it look like I'm posting from elsewhere (the same principle that is applied to getting American Netflix content in the UK allegedly )

Stupidest thing is upsetting braindead Liverpool fans. They take things very personally.
      How do you spoof an IP? It's a two way transaction so say your real IP is 200.12.12.12 and you connect with 150.11.11.11 but spoof as 100.13.13.13, surely 150.11.11.11 will send packets back to 100.13.13.13 and not to 200.12.12.12 since you are likely to be subnetted out?

I've never understood how that works!

Comment

In the surfweb, if you commit a crime, there is always a way to find out the machine.
        The admins are required to provide the IP address and the service providers are required to provide all the data to the police. It doesn't prove that a person commited a crime but will be a target for an investigation.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
          In the surfweb, if you commit a crime, there is always a way to find out the machine.
          The admins are required to provide the IP address and the service providers are required to provide all the data to the police. It doesn't prove that a person commited a crime but will be a target for an investigation.
          I beg your pardon?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            I beg your pardon?

At least I'm not the only one who is lost on that response.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I beg your pardon?
              I'm guessing surfweb = internet.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                I'm guessing surfweb = internet.
                I can't help thinking that the term 'the internet' is a global term and someone would only use the term surfweb if you were either trying to sound daft to make your sockie more believable or you are a customer of Nigeria's number 1 hosting company. I wonder where Bee's IP says he is.

Comment

I can't help thinking that the term 'the internet' is a global term and someone would only use the term surfweb if you were either trying to sound daft to make your sockie more believable or you are a customer of Nigeria's number 1 hosting company. I wonder where Bee's IP says he is.
                  Somewhere on the surfweb. HTHBIDI.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I wonder where Bee's IP says he is.

I thought Bee was a she. (from Miami, FLA)

But anyway, Bee's IP address is either 41.184.155.127 or 192.168.1.69
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      I thought Bee was a she. (from Miami, FLA)

But anyway, Bee's IP address is either 41.184.155.127 or 192.168.1.69
                      Nigeria or local NAT?

Comment

Working...
                      X