• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been round to have Sunday dinner with friends, roast pork being the cornerstone

Comment

Grey all day here. Only moved long enough to get some tonic from the shoppe to go with my gin.

Oh, and I took delivery of my handheld steam cleaner - so some random squirting of shit: - mixed results, zapping toilet seat hinges seemed most successful, tile grout less so.

Total steps: 3293

Comment

BUPA health assessment booked. Have done the obligatory lying on the questionnaire. Pretty sure last time (5 years ago) I had to do a two week food diary, so was much harder to fib. I guess it's cutbacks.

Assessment is 3 weeks away, so will try and live by my answers between now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          What happens to the dog?
          Millie stays with our neighbours. Today we’re in Pisa
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Too much mucking about with Chef and getting frustrated by various idiocies this weekend. At least I understand it well enough to eventually realise why it works in such a frustrating way whenever whatever I'm trying to do doesn't work in the obvious way, but not well enough to be working with the grain yet

Time to step away from the computer and watch a film or something instead

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Been round to have Sunday dinner with friends, roast pork being the cornerstone
              can't go wrong with dead pig!

best done the Ugandan way though!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Too much mucking about with Chef and getting frustrated by various idiocies this weekend. At least I understand it well enough to eventually realise why it works in such a frustrating way whenever whatever I'm trying to do doesn't work in the obvious way, but not well enough to be working with the grain yet

Time to step away from the computer and watch a film or something instead
                All work & no play makes Nick a dull boy!

Comment

The pizza shop didn't appear to be open all week, though it still had its interior lights on. But today, all is in darkness, and the window bears a notice saying "Business for sale"

I wonder if it was the loss of trade due to that power problem the other week requiring the pavement to be dug up that finally tipped the place over the edge, or if it would have gone soon anyway?
                  It was the short holiday you went for?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    It was the short holiday you went for?
                    Not me - I don't eat pizza, so I've never been in

Comment

Tonight's movie mayhem opened with Hitman: Agent 47 (2015), starring that bloke out of Homeland - the later bloke, not the earlier one. It's based on a computer game, but despite that is actually a pretty good action thriller with a sci-fi twist, though it borrows from The Matrix quite blatantly at times.

Parts of it were slightly ridiculous and infeasible, but the same goes for the evening's second feature, which is supposed to be a perfectly serious drama set in WWII: Allied (2016), about the Resistance and all that. This included obvious anachronisms like being able to purchase bottled beer by the crate from legitimate retailers in London at a time when it was in terribly short supply off the black market; and I doubt officers could really just roll up to an RAF base and order cases of whisky to be put in their car for taking away to a party at home, even if the RAF had any, which they probably didn't for reasons explained many years ago in Whisky Galore!.

Also, it's clear from the story that the time in London is a good while after May 1941; it seems like 1942 to 1943 and the Blitz was over long before that, so the scene involving a heavy bomber raid on the East End is completely out of place.

And don't even try to think about the supposed legal requirement that a military officer found to have been unknowingly consorting with a German spy must kill them by their own hand, apparently without any kind of trial or other due process

Overall, they were both OK, as long as you're willing to ignore some obviously wrong stuff; and the serious film had a lot more obviously wrong with it than the silly computer game story

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X