• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<-For the loss of the deceased chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Yesterday morning the owner of a local brewery sent me a message on FB to say that he was going for a long dog walk and might end up in my local. I told him to ring our bell when he got here.
      2pm The Wife (tm) and I stop gardening to have lunch. We'd half a bottle of wine left from Sunday, so opened it. It disappeared quickly, so a second one was opened. Just as we finished it, the doorbell rings. We didn't go into the pub, just stayed in our back garden. He was going to have a beer then leave. The brewer's Mrs finished work at 7pm, by which time we had shot a pigeon and prepped it for the BBQ, got some sausages and mackerel sorted too. When she arrived, she brought a couple of cases of his beers.
      We sat down to eat around 9pm and they left at midnight.

Also during the day our oldest chicken died - she was 6 and the first one we got, so the evening counted as a wake.
      That has to be a euphemism. You'd have been too pissed to do that for real, unless you're using some sort of cannon.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        That has to be a euphemism. You'd have been too pissed to do that for real, unless you're using some sort of cannon.
        With the weight and slowness of some of the wood pigeons I've seen I doubt it....
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

At least the advantage is it would be butchered ready for when he came to stick it on the grill

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

test please delete

It was in the oak tree at the end of the garden, so less than 50 metres away, not in flight. Clean shot through the crop with a .22
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              It was in the oak tree at the end of the garden, so less than 50 metres away, not in flight. Clean shot through the crop with a .22
              I hope you ate it.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I hope you ate it.
                Plucked it, cut off the breasts and pan fried them in butter.

Comment

Post arrived, including a brown enveloped

I opened it last.

It's my new driving licence. Phew.

Comment

Afternoon

Comment

bit fresh this afternoon, I think I will need more cups of tea to keep hands warm.
                      Or I could tap the keys faster while applying for visas for USA for family jaunt in July

Comment

Working...
                      X