• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to see that the Bank Holiday weather is suitably unborked: it's rained/raining/looking like rain/all of these/grey/cold/unpleasant.

Went up the hill to the cemetery to inspect the ZeitParents' grave, which looks really good, covered, as it is, with a fantastic show of forgetmenots, with a sprinkling of daffs and tulips, though rather fewer than the number of bulbs I planted.

The grandparents' grave wasn't looking quite so good, but there you go.

Since it started to rain, I abandoned the idea of the walk up to Tonna and back down the canal bank, so returned home, got a brolly and went down to town.

Bought some stuff in Morrisons & got upset to see a little boy searching for his parents.

Got even more upset when I realised that the lady in front of me in the queue was talking about putting her mother in a care home.

Ho hum. Must be feeling more fragile than I realised.

Anyone been to B&Q yet? Or are we keeping that for Sunday? If so, you're out of luck since it's probably closed.

Unless you're in Scotishland.

Just turned the heating on to make the sun come out.

Originally posted by Alias View Post
    It's bloody freezing here...
    WAS.
    Last edited by zeitghost; 14 April 2017, 12:23.

Comment

It's bloody freezing here...
      Join IPSE

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey day here

Not as warm as it has been either, though not as cold as it was a month or two ago

Comment

Comment

Sausage cob, or bacon cob? I decided "both"

But the cobs were wholemeal, with sort of seeds or grains or something on top, so they were still good for me

Comment

Raining now

Comment

Fish pie for dinner. Has to fish as its good Friday.

Comment

Afternoon all

Cup of tea and a Hot Cross Bun. Sorted
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Just remarked to myself that if it gets much colder it'll snow, only for the R4 weather to inform me that snow showers are forecast for tomorrow, fortunately in Scotishland rather than here.

I turned the heating on to dry the washing & it's still fecking cold in here.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    Tomorrow shall bring the obligatory fried fish, this being some I found at the bottom (almost) of the freezer, BBE 10/2014.

We shall see whether it's fit for lizardly consumption at tea time tomorrow.
                    Turned out to be "alright", as in a "not actually foul" sort of way.
                    Last edited by zeitghost; 14 April 2017, 17:02.

Comment

The traffic outside has been pretty bad for much of the afternoon. As this is fairly well correlated with the worshippers of retail being active, I put off doing the shopping.

A bit after five, it seemed to have quietened down a fair bit, so I ventured forth. Success! Not much traffic on the road, loads of empty parking spaces, and not many other punters in either M&S or Sainsbury's

And it started raining as soon as I went out, of course

Comment

Working...
                      X