• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Bummer.

That happened to me a week last Saturday when I met an ex neighbour who informed me that another ex-neighbour had popped her clogs.

But I can't find any announcement of funeral details or anything else.

Ho hum.
    As my friend said, it seems to be happening at an ever-increasing rate

Comment

Well, the round of reorganisations at client co has resulted in the departure of 3 contractors and the conversion of another to permie, however I'm still there and billing so must be doing something right

New Director is open to discussions about working directly on commercial terms as well in order to control his head count and costs. Just got to get it past the agency. Might mean a bit of contractual jiggery pokery as the gig is with one division of a larger multinational, so may end up going via the US parent co. to make it work.

Watch, as they say, this space.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Well, the round of reorganisations at client co has resulted in the departure of 3 contractors and the conversion of another to permie, however I'm still there and billing so must be doing something right

New Director is open to discussions about working directly on commercial terms as well in order to control his head count and costs. Just got to get it past the agency. Might mean a bit of contractual jiggery pokery as the gig is with one division of a larger multinational, so may end up going via the US parent co. to make it work.

Watch, as they say, this space.
        Sounds good!

Comment

Dinner has been served: the boeuf bourguignon I cooked last night, which in the end had over six hours cooking in a cast iron casserole on the induction ring's slow cook setting. The idea of making it a day early, in order to get the benefit of it tasting better the day after it was cooked, worked a treat - it was delicious

And there were four more portions, so the freezer is now getting to be overstocked if anything. I think I'll have to start eating stuff out of it more, rather than putting stuff into it

Comment

I could do with a hand in dealing with the gooseberries in the freezer dating from 2010.

Comment

Aw feck, I'll never learn.

Reading stuff Specifically in General is never a good idea.

Only another 3300 pages to go through though.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                Aw feck, I'll never learn.

Reading stuff Specifically in General is never a good idea.

Only another 3300 pages to go through though.
                when do you escape the year 2007 posts?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

My Monday early night plans went as well as usual

Still, I've managed to make myself a cob for tomorrow's lunch. Goodnight all

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning denizens

There's a little light in the sky when I get up now

IIRC this should still be the case even when the clocks go forward in a few weeks

Comment

Working...
                      X