• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC enquiries for EBT schemes through SANZAR

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Kent Road View Post
    Kizzsmyth, Del1

At the moment you don't have PM rights, you will need to request Admin to grant this or wait until they spot your request....

Once you have PM rights I can send you the joining instructions for the private group.

OKR
    Cheers OKR, all sorted - and thanks for the nod cojak Will go through and check the earlier ones too. I have notifications for the White Collar thread but not this one, added now so will see requests as they come in. If you don't want to post but want access to the PM system then sign up for an account and then use the contact form at the bottom of the page to send me a request. The contact form only shows up when you are logged in... Good luck to you all.

Comment

Originally posted by DarnEBTs View Post
      I have rec'd the same and to be clear, it is under Section 9A TMA 1970 inquiry. Yes, apparently employed for couple of months of the year with Garraway. CH advised no response at all after having digested the letter and basically ignore it!!! I am not so sure that you can ignore it. Can it be ignored? Or respond thru a professional?
      As Rob79 has said, never completely ignore a letter from HMRC, that really is stupid.

Personally I would get a tax professional to respond asking exactly what information they require and why.

Which tax year is the letter relating to, and was inquiry letter received within 12 months of you submitting the self-assessment ?

Comment

Originally posted by MrO666 View Post
        As Rob79 has said, never completely ignore a letter from HMRC, that really is stupid.

Personally I would get a tax professional to respond asking exactly what information they require and why.

Which tax year is the letter relating to, and was inquiry letter received within 12 months of you submitting the self-assessment ?
        Yes, 2012/13 and have asked within the 12 months since self assessment filed. The list of questions is all around Garraway and how it worked etc. No way a laymen, such as myself, can answer!!! Apparently this is what CH are advising. Keep schtumm!!! Don't reply. Confusing views.

Comment

Yes, 2012/13 and have asked within the 12 months since self assessment filed. The list of questions is all around Garraway and how it worked etc. No way a laymen, such as myself, can answer!!! Apparently this is what CH are advising. Keep schtumm!!! Don't reply. Confusing views.
          Up to you, but I would ALWAYS respond to HMRC, even if it was a basic letter asking them why they wanted this information. If you ignore them then they'll just hit you with a bigger stick later. Personally a couple of hundred quid to get a tax professional to respond to the request would certainly be the way I would go......a buffer between you and HMRC is always good, as they're VERY good as asking things which could dig you into a hole (whether you've done anything wrong or not)......remember, they're not your friends no matter how nicely they may ask for something.

Comment

Post DEC 2010

It was very brave to be a part of an EBT scheme (assuming it was, given the relation between Sanzar and Garraway) post GARR introduction on DEC 2010.

I wasn't aware, Garraway existed well in to 2013....

Comment

Originally posted by tax is taxing View Post
              It was very brave to be a part of an EBT scheme (assuming it was, given the relation between Sanzar and Garraway) post GARR introduction on DEC 2010.

I wasn't aware, Garraway existed well in to 2013....
              Just be aware that HMRC reads this stuff please.

Comment

The GAAR was introduced in 2013 .... i think.

Comment

Disguised remuneration was Dec 2010. Gaar was July 2013

Comment

Originally posted by kizzsmyth View Post
                    Hi everyone

I've just joined and would like to join the private group.

Admin folk - please can you grant me PM rights?

I've received notice from HMRC that they are checking my SA Tax Return for year ending 5th April 2013, and have subsequently been asked to supply information relating to participation in a scheme promoted by Garraway Ltd. I'm keen to learn how best to tailor my response.

Cheers all
                    Hi kizzsmyth, Any progress on your case ? did you tried to contact Garraway ?

Comment

Originally posted by kizzsmyth View Post
                      Hi everyone

I've just joined and would like to join the private group.

Admin folk - please can you grant me PM rights?

I've received notice from HMRC that they are checking my SA Tax Return for year ending 5th April 2013, and have subsequently been asked to supply information relating to participation in a scheme promoted by Garraway Ltd. I'm keen to learn how best to tailor my response.

Cheers all

Hi kizzsmyth, Any progress on your case ? did you tried to contact Garraway ?

Comment

Working...
                      X