• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Day 8 - visions of a totalitarian future

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zoco = pacharan. Don't shake my hand because he's a and I don't want jizz on it.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post
      I didn't realise but I've just found out that how many H&S challenges have been issued by an employee has an important bearing on their annual review.
      Well your annual review is going to be fun then.

Comment

You mean this isn't Wilmslow?

If you want to get an infinite loop going, get one of those joke electric shock thingies you use when shaking hands, before putting your coat back on your chair.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Just discovered I can use swear words when leaving neg rep. Happy days.
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post
            NI've managed to commit 2 h&s / security violations in one day.

1) left my jacket on the back of my chair. A permie (and I could see him thinking what he was going to say as he strolled towards me with his chest puffed out) told me I had to move it as I was jeopardising the safety of others. He then offered me a weak, clammy hand to shake and uttered the words "I am my brother's keeper".

I didn't realise but I've just found out that how many H&S challenges have been issued by an employee has an important bearing on their annual review.

In my mind, this just fosters a culture where people are just encouraged to snoop on others. I'm sure they'll say its for the greater good but I'm sure they said that in Stalinist Russia. It seems to bring out the hi-viz Nazi in people.

2) Left my IPOD on my desk when I went for a leak. Got back to find security swarming all over my desk. Major violation apparently. Got mentioned in the daily security briefing this morning and had a visit from the head of dept. What I fail to understand is why the big deal? If it gets stolen, it's my loss, not theirs. And theft was their concern.
            Letting a complete ******* retard on site seems to be the biggest H&S problem here. Someone must be held accountable and fix the problem sharpish.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
              Just discovered I can use swear words when leaving neg rep. Happy days.
              You can use them here too if you are discreet
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Discreet? Mary Poppins? Does not compute.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

This is our Mary you're talking about. I don't think she does discreet.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Am I allowed to knock the OP out?
                    You are, but you'll have to shake my finger

Comment

Alright, you bunch of twats!

Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                      X