• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thatcher - benefits scrounger

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    BBC News - Margaret Thatcher claims £535,000 for ex-PM duties

So, how many nurses and teachers have had to be made redundant to fund the senile, evil old witch's dotage?

Makes my p1ss boil.
    So how much has BLiar and the the One Eyed Gobbling King claimed. The Gobbling King cannot even be bothered to turn up to Parliament to do his job; I bet his constituents are really please with their elected representative.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      You are suppose to blame it on the Lib Dems.

Why do you think any political party in the UK will ever have an EU referendum if they got into power? Get real.
      Being real I think this country is toast. I cant imagine it will ever improve without a World War or a significant pandemic. But in the mean time I will vote for extremist parties

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Sounds like the Tory mantra, or should I say, the Tory/LibDem mantra..
        Not at all, just common sense and logic, something labour voters are missing.

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Only true Communism will work, but we are all too greedy for it.
        True communism? The only kind of communism the western world governments are striving for is totalitarianism. Ultimate government control with people dependant on the system. We see that happening since WW2 with the nanny state and deliberate welfare funding and immigration, to dumb down the populas and have them dependant upon the entire system for every whim.

Communism, in fact, scares the hell out of the UK/US. Pointing back to the cold war, the raping of vietnam and the negative press on china. The only thing stopping the US bullying china just like other countries worldwide is the fact china owns a lot of western debt and bonds and we are reliant on their manufacturing, while they progress and catch up to us exporting more knowledge and IP. Communism works very well there and keeps the disparity needed to enable them to be a global superpower while catching up in development.

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        So Cameron needs to take a leaf from Thatcher's book? Who should he be ruthlessly quashing for the greater good?
        Everyone has been a wet lettuce since Thatcher, I mean, look at Major. Ive seen more charisma from a dead badger. The Millibands, Cameron and Clegg all look and sound like clones off a Simpsons halloween special, so it's either a clone or a fatty last election, mmmm hard choice!

Cameron has tried to do things, like cut university subsidies, but IMHO, he hasnt gone far enough and needs to cut more. He fails the balls/cajones, to stand up and make such cuts and then organise the Mets to go and crack protestors skulls. Instead, we end up with the UK descending to riots because everyone knows the government wont stop them since they fail to stand up for their own policies.

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
        After the recent EU referendum disgrace I wont be voting for any of the three main parties ever again.
        Then you waste your vote on general elections. I calculate my vote each time instead of wasting it. That means, sometimes I dont vote for who I want. However who I voted for in the EU elections and the General, both parties got through that I voted for. In generals, you must vote for one of the three parties if you want your voice to even be acknowledged.

The disgrace was before the EU referendum, but on that point, it is a farce of democracy to order your staff to vote in a particular way and a lack of integrity for all MP's that fell in line. An MP is elected to impose the will of it's constituants. Ignoring your voters, is a direct violation of their job. They are public servants, servants elected to invoke our will. At no point, shall a servant disobey their master.

If you really want to be angry, be angry at the AV referendum. The only chance we had to get rid of FPTP where for the last two decades, parties before the coalition got in power with a minority vote, less than 35% of the votes. The conservatives spent millions on a smear campaign of AV. Some of you might have had a leaflet through the door before the referendum in purple and green, telling you why AV was "bad". They passed off our current FPTP and made it sound like a democratic system like PR. Commoners/those with a weaker inferior mind, before the mailshot, knew the difference between the systems, yet when I asked the same people after, they confused FPTP with PR. It was quite astounding and I bet Milgram would have loved to study peoples reactions and the result like I did. Once again, proving the same hypothesis, an overwhelming majority, will do, say, believe and even kill, mame and fight to the death, simply because they are ordered to do so and integrity, morality and humanity, is meaningless when someone is manipulated by a single piece of A5 paper or a verbal command.

I dream of PR, where every vote is counted, every voice recognised and democracy followed in the UK instead of being a facade for totalitarianism, but that will never happen, that is why, quite relevant to your name, many including myself are planning to escape the UK, as the germans have done exactly as the frankfurt think tank predicted. The allies won the battle, but lost the war, which is an insult to our dead and buried families who fought to stop fascism, yet it covertly exists stronger today than ever before.

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        How come the UK pays more into the EU than France, when France's GDP is higher than the UK's?

Always seems like the UK gets shafted the most.
        Yep. The UK has always paid a large amount in to Europe and sometimes come away with less than 10% of what we paid in, while the Frogs and Jerrys, enjoy a percentage more than triple that, even though they are large GDP countries just like us, supporting the smaller members.

Being real I think this country is toast.
        Has been since New Labours reign of terror. Everyone knows it, that's why emigration is growing while everyone who can afford to, flees for their life.

I cant imagine it will ever improve without a World War or a significant pandemic. But in the mean time I will vote for extremist parties
        It wont, we despertely need a civil war. The problem is, the chavs, labour voters and those dependant upon the system are just too large in numbers now and will die, kill and torture, just to protect their handouts.

If you vote for an extremist party, you throw your vote away. Feel free to vote UKIP or BNP on a EU election, then dependant on your area, they may stand a chance of gaining a seat. If you do in a general though, your vote is never even counted, so you might as well just not have voted in the first place.

Until PR is a reality, that is the way of a *scoff scoff* democratic nation. Even a republican nation is fairer than a democratic system, even though those living within one are so stupid, they think they live within a democracy.

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
          ...to dumb down the populas...
          It would appear that it's working.
          You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLabel View Post
            It would appear that it's working.
            No, that's what happens when you get caught up posting informally and fail to edit a word properly.

Anyway, feel free to make a coherent point on the merits of what I said if you disagree with it, rather than picking a misspelling/failed edit.

Comment

The doom-laden claptrap on here is funny!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Why do you think any political party in the UK will ever have an EU referendum if they got into power? Get real.
                Here's some REAL questions for you then.
                • What question would such a referendum ask?
                • What do you expect the real impact would be in practice (i.e. in the real world) if a referendum result was "leave the EU"?
                • Or, what do you expect to happen if a referendum result was "get back powers from the EU". What powers? Who chooses them? How would this be achieved?
                • Or, what else would it ask? What do you want exactly?

An "EU referendum" would be fairly pointless, especially at this point in time where voters are swung this way and that daily by news from the eurozone. I think it's time for some others on here to "get real" and think through what they are complaining about. Really.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  The doom-laden claptrap on here is funny!
                  People often think things they dont understand are funny.

Why dont you read this http://www.tullettprebon.com/Documen...Report_007.pdf and maybe just maybe you might understand the gravity of the situation.

Comment

Begs the question, what if we had a 'world' government, based on our PC rules? Might work....

Comment

People often think things they dont understand are funny.

True, but more people think they are more intelligent than they really are.

HTH, BIDI.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X