• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cruise Control

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Just requires a little light touch restoration

I've been looking on autotrader.co.uk rather than crashfetish.com

Thanks anyway.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

"Honey, I scratched the front bumper"
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

"Whaddya mean the cruise control isn't adaptive?"
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          Just requires a little light touch restoration

It'll buff out. No problem
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Cruise control would be far better if more people would use it. Instead I slap it on then having to keep re-adjusting because the car in front fluctuates their speed. Those that have it on become my 'travel buddy'

Motorway lane rules:
            Slow lane = lorries and people with panic disorder
            Middle lane = cruise control @ 80mph
            Fast lane = Autobahn. Fill yer boots but try not to kill the rest of us

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              It'll buff out. No problem
              Look on the bright side, the airbags worked...
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by SeededLoaf View Post
                Cruise control would be far better if more people would use it.
                By contrast, driving along the I95 in Florida, you'd think it was a mannequin challenge. Everyone is on cruise control and its almost like all the cars are parked whilst the road is moving at 75 mph. You go for minutes on end and everyone keeps the same relative position or they slowly and smoothly inch past each other.

Stress free. Why not?
                "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Adaptive is the difference between me using cruise control and not using cruise control and to be blunt its brilliant. The fact I can set it to 70 and not worry about traffic slowing down in front of me makes for a far less stressful journey...
                  Agree completely apart from what I tend to find is if I leave adaptive cruise on most BMW drivers mistake the appropriate gap it leaves for an excuse to cut in which makes my car slow down to reset the distance

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                    By contrast, driving along the I95 in Florida, you'd think it was a mannequin challenge. Everyone is on cruise control and its almost like all the cars are parked whilst the road is moving at 75 mph. You go for minutes on end and everyone keeps the same relative position or they slowly and smoothly inch past each other.

Stress free. Why not?
                    And mathematically proven to reduce overall travel time even if you travel at a relatively sedate speed like 70 rather than trying to do 80.

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                    Agree completely apart from what I tend to find is if I leave adaptive cruise on most BMW drivers mistake the appropriate gap it leaves for an excuse to cut in which makes my car slow down to reset the distance
                    Can't you adjust the distance? The VW one he said you measure it in seconds and can set it as low as .5s "which is terrifying"
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                      Therein lies your problem. Also applies to A4 Repmobiles too.

Comment

Working...
                      X