• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can't quite believe I just did that

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't quite believe I just did that

Agency 1 phones me, fancy a 6 monther at 450. Agency 2 phones me about half an hour later offering the same role at 500. I had an attack of the integrity scruples, and told the second agency "sorry you were a little late". Am I a moron, or is I a moron?
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Agency 1 phones me, fancy a 6 monther at 450. Agency 2 phones me about half an hour later offering the same role at 500. I had an attack of the integrity scruples, and told the second agency "sorry you were a little late". Am I a moron, or is I a moron?
    Point it out to agency one and ask for £475?

Comment

You are a moron if you believe that the figure you actually get offered if you land the gig is anything like the one the honest, trustworthy agent is telling you.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

We didn't this thread to identify your lift is not one that reaches the top floor

Get gig through agent 1 and then re-negotiate when it's time to sign contract.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
          Point it out to agency one and ask for £475?
          I did let her know the alt rate, and suggested she may be able to move, but tbh I'd take the 450, especially as it's a decent chance of an IR35 pass.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            You are a moron if you believe that the figure you actually get offered if you land the gig is anything like the one the honest, trustworthy agent is telling you.
            She told me her % on top (not a euphemism, calm down lads) so I'd call that trustworthy enough. It's less than 10% btw.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
              ... your lift is not one that reaches the top floor

He's a Brexiter, what do you expect?

Comment

It's less than 10% btw.
                I know it's Friday and all that but I'm having difficulty believing that.

Comment

She told me her % on top (not a euphemism, calm down lads) so I'd call that trustworthy enough. It's less than 10% btw.

Best comedy thread of the day.
                  Not the sharpest tool in the box, are you?

Comment

No good deed goes unpunished. Next thing you know, the first agency will get someone in for £400 a day, and you'll be left high and dry!
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X