• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Can't quite believe I just did that"

Collapse

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    How many years have you been contracting for?
    Since 1993, with a slight break around 1994. Next question?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    This thread is implausible. I call bulltulip.

Help desk support doesn't pay £500 sobs a day.
    Your sort of support really does pay 500 sobs a day (with refunds on request)and quite a lot more if you can be arsed to show your face, although I wouldn't recommend it. That restraining order only needs reactivating...

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Always a possibility. Honesty, however, does seem to have an effect on some agenty types, perhaps they are just not used to it?
    How many years have you been contracting for?

Leave a comment:

• FatLazyContractor
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Exactly what I was thinking. They sound like your first class travel fantasies.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    No good deed goes unpunished. Next thing you know, the first agency will get someone in for £400 a day, and you'll be left high and dry!
    Always a possibility. Honesty, however, does seem to have an effect on some agenty types, perhaps they are just not used to it?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    I got myself some leverage, and I'll be bloody well using it.
    You've outmaneuvered her magnificently champ and really squeezed her margin like a contractor pro.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Shame the same can't be said about the agent
    She already thinks I've done her a favour by turning down the opposition, so the IR35 ticky boxy thing should be a tad easier. As others have said elsewhere, an IR35 fail is something like 25-30% depending on location, expenses and all that jazz. I got myself some leverage, and I'll be bloody well using it.

Leave a comment:

• CretinWatcher
    replied
    Contractor with some scruples alert. Had to happen sometime, it's just that nobody expected to see it on this forum.

Is that what you're calling it?

BTW it wasn't me who tagged this thread with "Rank Stupidity". That was someone else.

Leave a comment:

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Contractor with some scruples alert. Had to happen sometime, it's just that nobody expected to see it on this forum.

Shame the same can't be said about the agent

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by CretinWatcher View Post
    Credit where credit is due, you must have some big cojones to mention intelligence after starting this thread.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Bee View Post
    what you mean AssCretin talking Balls? Never stopped him before.

Leave a comment:

• Bee
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CretinWatcher
    replied
    There'll be an intelligence test along in a minute, but since you missed the others, missing this one won't hurt so much.
    Credit where credit is due, you must have some big cojones to mention intelligence after starting this thread.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    shaunbhoy gives him a daily massage with a happy ending. Does that count?
    Only if a happy ending includes some broken bones and a quick trip to A&E.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X