• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract handover

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract handover

I'll be brief

Leaving a contract 6 weeks early to go to another, the current contract is not a good place to be and I need to get out

The am through an agency who are contracted to a consultancy who in turn have a fixed price piece of work for client co

The agency called today (a week after notice was served) to say the consultancy are not happy with me leaving and they do not want to shoulder the extra cost of having to pay two day rates for the duration of the handover period

In short they want me to work for free during the handover period

Anyone had this before? More than a bit shocked
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I'll be brief

Leaving a contract 6 weeks early to go to another, the current contract is not a good place to be and I need to get out

The am through an agency who are contracted to a consultancy who in turn have a fixed price piece of work for client co

The agency called today (a week after notice was served) to say the consultancy are not happy with me leaving and they do not want to shoulder the extra cost of having to pay two day rates for the duration of the handover period

In short they want me to work for free during the handover period

Anyone had this before? More than a bit shocked
    LOL, dont they try some bull tulip on!?

Tell them you are happy to hand over a few notes so the replacement can get up to speed after you leave. Alternatively, you wont do any face to face handover so they dont incurr costs if they prefer.

I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
      LOL, dont they try some bull tulip on!?

Tell them you are happy to hand over a few notes so the replacement can get up to speed after you leave. Alternatively, you wont do any face to face handover so they dont incurr costs if they prefer.

What BB said.

Tell them to do one. Simple.
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Fantastic advice BB

I'll do that

I cannot thank you enough

Comment

Chancers, though hard to say whether the consultancy or actually the agency.

Will be interesting to hear if they try to withhold payment in some shape or form when you tell them to sling their hook.

Comment

SY are you breaking (in your any any other party's view) any clause of your contract - does it allow a notice period, etc? Are they using the contract to try and force you into it, or simply asking you to do so?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              SY are you breaking (in your any any other party's view) any clause of your contract - does it allow a notice period, etc? Are they using the contract to try and force you into it, or simply asking you to do so?
              4 week notice period, 4 weeks given plus working my arse off to get the project back on track

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                4 week notice period, 4 weeks given plus working my arse off to get the project back on track
                As were not in General.

What did you agree with the client? Why do you have to get this on track? Did you sign up to be the lead or is this an agency thing?

As BB says. Write up the handover. But also, only do what you were paid to do. Any extra is £££. If they want a handover it's your time ££££. For an extra meeting ££££. Everything ££££.

This does not sound like a normal contract but as if you personally bid for a piece of development work. You didn't did you?
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  As were not in General.

What did you agree with the client? Why do you have to get this on track? Did you sign up to be the lead or is this an agency thing?[1]

As BB says. Write up the handover. But also, only do what you were paid to do. Any extra is £££. If they want a handover it's your time ££££. For an extra meeting ££££. Everything ££££.[2]

This does not sound like a normal contract but as if you personally bid for a piece of development work. You didn't did you?[3]
                  [1] I am the bpm architect, the architecture is done and handed over. I hear they were trying to get rid of me to save costs once the design work was done, but then realised their off shore developers were crap and asked me to do "some" of the development work. No new contract was issued to reflect the change of role. What the developers turn out is utter tulipe so I need to work flat out to pull things round.

[2] It's a day rate.

[3] This is a normal contract. I did not bid for anything. I agreed to design the architecture based on the requirements that had "already been delivered". The requirements were tulipe so I have basically been at every step bailing things out and working flat out to prop up other people's incompetences.

Comment

You've answered your own question.

The fixed term deliverable was not scoped by you or you are tied contractually. Therefore don't care about it.

Don't do any overtime.
                    Don't do anything outside your scope.
                    Don't take any responsibility.

Now is the time to play pure hardball.

You're checking out. Anything outside the scope of your contract is billable.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X