• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract handover

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Isn't it amazing that KittyCat and Factgasm are treated as obvious trolls and yet SY spins an even more incredulous story and everyone buys it?

It's clearly the consultancy's fault for hiring a developer as a BPM.
    <cough> We're not in general </cough>
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      Agent : So did you think about what we talked about?
      Suity : Yep

Agent : And what did you decide?
      Suity : Well I'm quite happy being paid for developing and design work, so I'll pass on the offer of FOC handover work.

Agent : You have to do handovers, it's in your contract.
      Suity : Er, no, no it isn't. Of course I'd like to do handovers, being a good professional and all, but not for free. I'll of course try and leave some notes for the new guy.

Agent went mental.

I sent an email to him and consultancy guy asking for a face 2 face meeting to thrash this out as I was getting conflicting statements. Not heard another thing.

You see that's the problem. You then sent another conciliatory email. You had the last word, you don't need to feel guilty about it and offer something else. He's not your wife.

And if they phone back, you're charging for that as well.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        You see that's the problem. You then sent another conciliatory email. You had the last word, you don't need to feel guilty about it and offer something else. He's not your wife.

And if they phone back, you're charging for that as well.
        By sending that concilliatory email I have evidence I was being professional and grown up about it. Handy entry in my daily log to have I suspect.

Comment

I sent an email to him and consultancy guy asking for a face 2 face meeting to thrash this out as I was getting conflicting statements. Not heard another thing.
          Are you going to fly to the meeting?

<cough> We're not in general </cough>
          Nor were the others.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

By sending that concilliatory email I have evidence I was being professional and grown up about it. Handy entry in my daily log to have I suspect.
            Why if they are going to blame you for the screw up that is this project they will.

If they are going to sue you for the screw up that is this project they will.

If they are going to withhold payment and get you to sue them for it they will.

You would be better off covering your backside and getting the end client on side rather than wasting your time doing stuff for them for free.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Why if they are going to blame you for the screw up that is this project they will.

If they are going to sue you for the screw up that is this project they will.

If they are going to withhold payment and get you to sue them for it they will.

You would be better off covering your backside and getting the end client on side rather than wasting your time doing stuff for them for free.
              This has nothing to do with the end client. This is between me, the agency and the consultancy. Oh no wait, sorry, you can't read more than a few lines.

Comment

This has nothing to do with the end client. This is between me, the agency and the consultancy. Oh no wait, sorry, you can't read more than a few lines.
                I know this is between you the agency and the consultancy. Points 1 - 3 are the things the consultancy and agency are going to do to you to protect their backsides and wallets.

Point 4 is what you should be doing with the end client. By the time this finishes within the end client either your name is going to be mud or the consultancies name is going to be mud and you need to be doing the things you can to make sure its looks like the consultancies fault.

After that it could be a cushy direct(ish) never ending contract with the end client supporting the system you've rescued from the mess the consultancy created.

Comment

Mods. Can we move this to General please so we can give Suityou the advice he needs?
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Mods. Can we move this to General please so we can give Suityou the advice he needs?
                    I could just start a thread in General for this purpose.

I could. I won't, but I could.

Comment

I could just start a thread in General for this purpose.

I could. I won't, but I could.
                      Don't worry a "friend" has created one for you

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ce-friend.html

Comment

Working...
                      X