• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"HMRC's action was in contravention of its statutory duty to collect taxes properly, fairly and equally"

... Surely not! Reckon there may be a few more cases out there...
    http://notoretrotax.org.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by TalkingCheese View Post
      "HMRC's action was in contravention of its statutory duty to collect taxes properly, fairly and equally"

... Surely not! Reckon there may be a few more cases out there...
      'Equally' does that mean that I should be treated the same as Google and Starbucks how have not had any laws changed under them?

Comment

Originally posted by PlaneSailing View Post
        'Equally' does that mean that I should be treated the same as Google and Starbucks how have not had any laws changed under them?
        Im actually quite surprised the letter to George didnt make any mention of comparisons between our treatment and the like of the corporates and people on things like the K2 scheme, any retro tax for them? I doubt it!

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
          True, but humour me please, it seemed good at the time, lol.
          No need to humour you Santa…. I can confirm that we’re top of the search results in a number of countries regardless of user profiling…..

Comment

Can't we do that?

ie Goto the high court too?

Comment

Letter

Originally posted by smalldog View Post
              Im actually quite surprised the letter to George didnt make any mention of comparisons between our treatment and the like of the corporates and people on things like the K2 scheme, any retro tax for them? I doubt it!
              Do we expect that Osborne will take the letter seriously, or just dismiss it as Gauke has done over the months?
              http://notoretrotax.org.uk

Comment

Osbourne Letter

Originally posted by MMSguru View Post
                Do we expect that Osborne will take the letter seriously, or just dismiss it as Gauke has done over the months?
                I suspect he will give it great consideration until the Finance Bill recieves Royal ascent and then replies explaining he would have loved to help but now it is too late, sorry....

Comment

Originally posted by Goinroamin View Post
                  I suspect he will give it great consideration until the Finance Bill recieves Royal ascent and then replies explaining he would have loved to help but now it is too late, sorry....
                  Well, if he doesn't he can look forward to questions when he's next campaigning for re-election like 'Can you explain why you support retrospective taxation to bankrupt small UK businesses but are indifferent to aggressive tax avoidance by large multinationals?'

Comment

Self Employed Class 2 NICs

Just wander if someone can advise me about this, this is what we used to pay during the MTM scheme as self employed.

I left the UK 8 years ago but I still get these requests and I have continued to pay these as I wanted to ensure I kept my state pension benefits, however I am now begining to question this as I am obviously not self employed in the UK anymore,.

Hence, if I keep paying will I still be entitled to my state pension? if I stop paying should I try and claim these back for the last 8 years?

Comment

No To Retro Tax – Campaign Against Section 58 Finance Act 2008

What requests are you talking about Leyther70?

Oh, I see that you mean Self Employed Class 2 NICs ( the title doesn't show up on Tapatalk).
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X