• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another price rise at InTouch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
    I always thought you were more expensive because of the licensing fees you have to pay that famous Maslins guy for the use of his name.
    As I found from Google alerts/similar, the most famous "Maslins" in this world seems to be a nudist beach in Australia...

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      That's a lot for a freeagent accountant. The one I use is £73 a month including VAT.
      I pay £80 + VAT, but I think I have a customised deal as I already have a FreeAgent account and do a lot of my own bookkeeping, VAT returns, payroll etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
        As I found from Google alerts/similar, the most famous "Maslins" in this world seems to be a nudist beach in Australia...
        I always thought that was who we were talking to here. How disillusioning.

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
          I always thought it was a big fish but i'm thick as a brick.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

With this latest price rise, I am considering my options. I have narrowed it down to two - Gorilla and 1st Online. I am a qualified accountant so rarely need advice as such, so it just depends on how lazy I am feeling and whether I can be bothered to do payroll, VAT, P11D and SATR myself or not!

Just one question - Gorilla charge £10 plus VAT for the registered office service. This was included at InTouch. What exactly does this include? Does it just mean anything from HMRC goes to the accountant instead of to me directly? Perhaps this is not worth paying for after all.

Comment

No brainer for me, even just to avoid any spam mail. The fewer details about me freely available online the better. Now where did I put that tin foil hat...

http://www.doshiuk.com/blog/why-shou...stered-office/

Comment

Thanks for the link. But when you add the £10 in, thats £95 per month, versus £105 at InTouch, now it is very close to "can I be bothered" territory.

Although there is two months free with Gorilla. 1st Online charge a £300 "takeover fee", which is quite steep. It looks like Gorilla do not charge anything like this. Hopefully InTouch do not charge exit fees, I will need to check.

Comment

Maybe £100pcm is just the going rate now
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Maybe £100pcm is just the going rate now
                    What's the sad face for? 100 quid for access to an accountant and a tool to make running your business a doddle is cheap as chips. How much time would you give your client for a 100 quid?

That cheap that comparing on prices is a bit pointless IMO. I'd be speaking to them to see how I get on and look for that warm fuzzy feeling. 10.quid here or there to get someone you don't gel with is a poor decision IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      What's the sad face for? 100 quid for access to an accountant and a tool to make running your business a doddle is cheap as chips. How much time would you give your client for a 100 quid?

That cheap that comparing on prices is a bit pointless IMO. I'd be speaking to them to see how I get on and look for that warm fuzzy feeling. 10.quid here or there to get someone you don't gel with is a poor decision IMO.
                      You do tend to ask your accountant a lot of questions.

Comment

Working...
                      X