• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permie > Contractor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Sorry about that, I checked it out before I let it through but I should have mentioned it.
    Fwow her to the fwoor admin.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Different font looks okish but not a fan personally. The lines under your name or really necessary. Post code not necessary. Disclaimer not necessary. No phone number.

I wouldn't send it in PDF as agents tend to transpose on to their own templates.

Layout looks nice but I dunno anything about codes.

HTH
      +1

If your CV is to be believed you finished your last contract this month. It's to early to start panicking, even experienced contractors spend a month or two on the bench sometimes. Do you even get call backs and CV forwarded to clients? The market was absolute tulip the last 2 months.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
        +1

If your CV is to be believed you finished your last contract this month. It's to early to start panicking, even experienced contractors spend a month or two on the bench sometimes. Do you even get call backs and CV forwarded to clients? The market was absolute tulip the last 2 months.
        It was a perm job not a contract. Being a newbie it's going to be harder for him whatever the market.

Comment

Thank you for all comments and suggestions

Comment

Originally posted by JafarSadik View Post
            Thank you for all comments and suggestions
            Oh, just to add. Posting under your name with you CV linked isn't very smart. It's not going to be hard for someone that's going to interview you to find this thread.

Comment

So..... I errrrrrrr started my first contract project last week

Onwards and upwards!

Comment

So, asking nicely. What do you mean by permanent contractor? Surely that's an oxymoron so doesn't really make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielSQL View Post
                  So..... I errrrrrrr started my first contract project last week

Onwards and upwards!
                  Well done DanielSQL.

How long is the contract ?

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
                    Well done DanielSQL.

How long is the contract ?
                    My first project will last between 15 and 20 days. However it looks as the the client will require alot more from me. Following the completion of this project.

So feeling good right now.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielSQL View Post
                      My first project will last between 15 and 20 days. However it looks as the the client will require alot more from me. Following the completion of this project.

So feeling good right now.
                      Be very mindful of the need to have a very clear statement of work then. Having a 3 month contract and just being moved from project to project as they see fit is very bad for your IR35 status... Just saying like. If you are just contracted for 20 days fine. If its 3 months then you might need to look in to it a little more.

Biggest mistake the newbies make is to expect the work as well. Your contract is as long as your notice period. I know it's a bit of a miserable way to look at it but you won't get disappointed or caught out financially if you keep that in mind.

Comment

Working...
                      X