• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permie > Contractor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if its fixed rate work?

Comment

Originally posted by DanielSQL View Post
      Even if its fixed rate work?
      That's a plus for IR35 but if you're under S, D & C, HMRC won't give a toss if you're being paid in Sterling, Dong, goats, groats or lump sum.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

S, D & C ?!

Comment

S, D & C ?!
          Supervision, Direction or Control: What Contractors Need to Know :: Contractor UK
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Thanks.

I wouldn't say I fall under that. Should prove useful anyway..... Anyone would think the government doesn't want people to make money. Whatever happen to supporting entrepreneurs!

Comment

Thanks.

I wouldn't say I fall under that. Should prove useful anyway..... Anyone would think the government doesn't want people to make money. Whatever happen to supporting entrepreneurs!
              They want people to make money but they want to take as much of it off you that they can

Somehow they think that they can do a better job of spending it than you can!

Watch out for the part and parcel rule as well

Comment

This is a safe place for newbies - I will ban NLUK and Bee if you continue with this bickering.

(NLUK: this is the Welcome area, Newbies are allowed not to understand - and Bee, try not to look like an arse).
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  This is a safe place for newbies - I will ban NLUK and Bee if you continue with this bickering.

(NLUK: this is the Welcome area, Newbies are allowed not to understand - and Bee, try not to look like an arse).
                  This could be challenge of the week.
                  cojak, I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Hmm. Good call. Sorry. I was trying to make the point the OP has been in the forums a bit now and most IR35 articles cover SDC in the first paragraph and it pops up on here regularly so he could do with going back to some basic reading to catch up. Made it badly as usual. No more posting when drinking again I think
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Hmm. Good call. Sorry. I was trying to make the point the OP has been in the forums a bit now and most IR35 articles cover SDC in the first paragraph and it pops up on here regularly so he could do with going back to some basic reading to catch up. Made it badly as usual. No more posting when drinking again I think
                      Slightly badly put and posting while beering it up, or anything else, can be a disaster, however you are not alone there

However, agreed, the OP should realise he's not playing at it anymore and has a different set of responsibilities and considerations now, as he's become a director.
                      I'm all for giving newbies the benefit of the doubt, however life is harsh out there and the disasters we sometimes see on here...

To me, given the length of time he has been posting on here, his lack of personal research is a concern.
                      Maybe I'm just feeling my age
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X