• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permie > Contractor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by contractor797 View Post
    Hi team,

Firstly many thanks for providing excellent guidance to all newbies and sharing you valuable time and experience.

Secondly, I'm a permanent employee and have managed to get a contract role.... 6 months (maybe extn further)...

I've read through the sites, so kindly excuse me for being ignorant is, the offer is 400/day, i've used many calculators looking at take home pay etc....

I will be doing this via ltd company, what i am not aware of is will i be able to save money ? i keep my personal expenses very low and simple. so will i be better off compared to being permanent.

I still have to get an accountant for all the paperwork etc - are there any good one's out there - firms or individuals ?

Many thanks and appreciate any help.
    jag797
    Imho it is bad form to poach someone else thread with a post like yours, it has zero bearing on the original thread.

Etiquette and credibility is everything, if you conduct yourself on the forum as you would hope to do in business you won't go far wrong... on here anyway, no idea if you would be any good in business on your own only you will know that once you been at it for a while.

You are asking questions without providing relevant detail if you get £400 per day yet as a permie you were on £100K a year then the answers no isn't it!

And as for asking if there are any good accountants out there, that is just plain silly, I would ask you, do Bears tulip in the woods? I can guarantee the answer will be the same.
    So now I am worried, am I being deceived, just how much sugar is really in a spoon full!

Comment

So I think I'm about ready to make the move. I've beaten around the bush for far too long. Waiting for the moment someone says "Hi Daniel SQL. Yes we're prepared to wait 3 months for you".

A recruiter put me forward for a role last week. And he did mention that my notice period could prove problematic.

It's time I stepped up and took control!

Comment

Do permies really still have a 3 month notice period? Seems nuts...
        And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielSQL View Post
          So I think I'm about ready to make the move. I've beaten around the bush for far too long. Waiting for the moment someone says "Hi Daniel SQL. Yes we're prepared to wait 3 months for you".

A recruiter put me forward for a role last week. And he did mention that my notice period could prove problematic.

It's time I stepped up and took control!
          Good luck Danny and whoever sails in you
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
            Depends upon what you negotiate and if you're just too desperate for the job or blinded by the company car and other benefits to really think that you'd need to resign in the first place. Pretty lights.....
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

It's been standard with everyone I've worked for. Though in reality my notice period has always been "upto" three months.

Comment

Right so I've spotted a role which looks great. I've sent a copy of my CV to the agent responsible. I sent it this morning.

I've yet to receive a response.

How often do you feel the need to chase agents?
                Last edited by DanielSQL; 7 April 2016, 14:59.

Comment

How often do you feel the need to chance agents?
                  It's all a bit of a lottery these days.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Right so I've spotted a role which looks great. I've sent a copy of my CV to the agent responsible. I sent it this morning.

I've yet to receive a response.

How often do you feel the need to chase agents?
                    It would be a good idea to use the search method as described in the link below. We've had plenty of other people blog every single action as they go through the process for some reason so I'm sure their experiences and answers to their questions will be useful to you.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/welco...uk-forums.html

Here is your first one for free....

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ch...CWN8WyadGIgaAP
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I did and knew that I would be held to it (fair enough as it works both ways)... so I just resigned and 2 weeks before finishing up in permieland I started looking, found my first contract role to start the Monday after I finished being a permie within a week, sometimes you need to have faith in your own abilities and take a punt!

Comment

Working...
                      X