• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permie > Contractor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And this new client you pick up some work for ends up being a competitor or has some contractual or other relationship to your employer. You think they will like that?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Question is whether they will accept it.

As mentioned. I'll review my contract this weekend. Thanks for the responses so far.

Comment

Reviewed my contract over the weekend (am I the only who feels weekeends are getting shorter and shorter?). And there doesn't seems to mention anything about not being able to do other work.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielSQL View Post
          Reviewed my contract over the weekend (am I the only who feels weekeends are getting shorter and shorter?). And there doesn't seems to mention anything about not being able to do other work.
          Surprising, no mention of intellectual property?
          Most have some kind of restrictive covenant?
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

I really would ask the question directly rather than rely upon reading it yourself just in case.

Comment

Did you read the staff handbook and other bits of paper you have got given over the years? They are all part of your employment contract.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Haven't been here a year yet.

Think I have the staff handbook sitting around somewhere. Could end up being more hassle than its worth lol.

Comment

Haven't been here a year yet.

Think I have the staff handbook sitting around somewhere. Could end up being more hassle than its worth lol.
                  Seriously, just drop a line to HR. You're hardly going to get in trouble for asking.

Comment

New to contracting

Hi team,

Firstly many thanks for providing excellent guidance to all newbies and sharing you valuable time and experience.

Secondly, I'm a permanent employee and have managed to get a contract role.... 6 months (maybe extn further)...

I've read through the sites, so kindly excuse me for being ignorant is, the offer is 400/day, i've used many calculators looking at take home pay etc....

I will be doing this via ltd company, what i am not aware of is will i be able to save money ? i keep my personal expenses very low and simple. so will i be better off compared to being permanent.

I still have to get an accountant for all the paperwork etc - are there any good one's out there - firms or individuals ?

Many thanks and appreciate any help.
                    jag797

Comment

Originally posted by contractor797 View Post
                      Hi team,

Firstly many thanks for providing excellent guidance to all newbies and sharing you valuable time and experience.

Secondly, I'm a permanent employee and have managed to get a contract role.... 6 months (maybe extn further)...

I've read through the sites, so kindly excuse me for being ignorant is, the offer is 400/day, i've used many calculators looking at take home pay etc....

I will be doing this via ltd company, what i am not aware of is will i be able to save money ? i keep my personal expenses very low and simple. so will i be better off compared to being permanent.

I still have to get an accountant for all the paperwork etc - are there any good one's out there - firms or individuals ?

Many thanks and appreciate any help.
                      jag797
                      Well the only way we could tell you if you can save money is to find out your outgoing expenses. I'm on just under £300/day and I certainly have no problem doing so and I have a substantial support payment and a car loan and personal loan payment.

Comment

Working...
                      X