• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parasol = Thats a lot of deductions!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parasol = Thats a lot of deductions!

Hi All

I have recieved my payslip from Parasol and the deductions show:
    Employee nationl insurance = 300.96
    PAYE income tax = 497.20

Previous pay this period = 681.98!!!

The 681.98 is what I earned in October (started the last week in oct)

So I cant figure out why it is down as a deduction. Have you guys had this on your Parasol payslips?

Regards
    Anna

I'm due mine in the next day or so, so I'll let you know. Just to make you aware there's slight controversy with Parasol at the moment down to possible hidden charges so you may what to have a look at this thread: http://forums.contractoruk.com/umbre...-required.html
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by AnnaO View Post
      Hi All

PAYE income tax = 497.20

So I cant figure out why it is down as a deduction. Have you guys had this on your Parasol payslips?

Regards
      Anna
      Is it definitely down as a deduction? Or just as a pay-to-date information figure?

Have they at least calculated your Employers NI correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
        I'm due mine in the next day or so, so I'll let you know. Just to make you aware there's slight controversy with Parasol at the moment down to possible hidden charges so you may what to have a look at this thread: http://forums.contractoruk.com/umbre...-required.html
        Thanks Spartan, this is only my second payslip from Parasol and I cant understand why Oct pay shows as a deduction on Nov pay! Let me know if this is the same on yours! Many Thanks, Anna.

p.s. I have queried it with parasol and am hopeful of a response today, I will let you know what they say.

Comment

Originally posted by Wary View Post
          Is it definitely down as a deduction? Or just as a pay-to-date information figure?

Have they at least calculated your Employers NI correctly?
          Hi Wary

Yep - it is down as a deduction

1 Employee NI - 300.96
          2 PAYE Income Tax - 497.20
          3 Previous pay this period. - 681.98

Total Deduction = £1480.14

I dont know how to check if the NI is correct - Is there a method?

Many Thanks
          Anna

Comment

Hi Wary

Yep - it is down as a deduction

1 Employee NI - 300.96
            2 PAYE Income Tax - 497.20
            3 Previous pay this period. - 681.98

Total Deduction = £1480.14

I dont know how to check if the NI is correct - Is there a method?

Many Thanks
            Anna
            Very peculiar!!! There is no reason why it should be a deduction.

Calculate Employers NI as
            1) Subtract their fees, your expenses, your pension payments ... from the gross amount received from the agency
            2) Assuming you're paid monthly, Employers NI = ((x-589)*0.138)/1.138 where x is the amount calculated in step1.

Let us know whether it checks out.

Comment

Originally posted by Wary View Post
              Very peculiar!!! There is no reason why it should be a deduction.

Calculate Employers NI as
              1) Subtract their fees, your expenses, your pension payments ... from the gross amount received from the agency
              2) Assuming you're paid monthly, Employers NI = ((x-589)*0.138)/1.138 where x is the amount calculated in step1.

Let us know whether it checks out.
              Cheers Wary, there is a 24 quid difference. I will ask parasol once they have replied to the mystery deduction!

Comment

Parasols deductions have been discussed and explained in great length in other threads by other contractors and parasol themselves. Do a search at the top right for more info
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Cheers Wary, there is a 24 quid difference. I will ask parasol once they have replied to the mystery deduction!
                  It's the link that I posted earlier and basically put they're charging us more to cover the costs they've incurred by AWR and of course without telling us
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

Hi All

PAYE income tax = 497.20

Regards
                    Anna
                    Hi Anna, I did pass your query on after your email at 11.23. I know you said you would rather have an email then a phone call but I have asked our team to get back to you this afternoon.
                    Last edited by Steven@Parasol; 5 December 2011, 14:53. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                    X