• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another which umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another which umbrella

Cameron1590 asks:

I am currently engaged with AMS/PSR and have a good year left to run on my assignment.

When I started the contract initially, I went with their sister company (Giant) for my umbrella services.

At a request of the end client, I attended two meetings at their customers site. Travel Expenses were approved and paid but the pain I have been through to have the tax reversed on these expenses has been ridiculous.

I am now on my ninth email and Giant either ignore my emails or say “you didn’t attach any receipts” when I did and, well, the endless circle of emails resumes.

I've decided to cut my losses and move Umbrella, AMS state I can only use the following:
    • Advance
    • Amaze Umbrella Limited
    • Brookson Solutions Limited
    • Danbro
    • Giant
    • ICS Umbrella Limited
    • JSA / Workwell Solutions
    • Nasa Umbrella Limited
    • Parasol Limited
    • Paystream My Max Limited
    • Sapphire DNP Limited
    • SG Umbrella Limited
    So, which umbrella can be vouched for as being half decent? I currently pay £40 a week for Giant, the “benefits” are crap and the only benefit of use is paying into my own SIPP which I would like to keep doing.

Research is suggesting Paystream or Danbro but welcome lived experiences.

Thanks

Cam
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

That looks like the old AMS list because Clarity (our recommended option) is on the new one -

And when you fill in the form they actually allow any FCSA umbrella so you can at that point enter Clarity anyway..

Edit to add - Clarity do allow payment within their standard fee into your SIPP depending on your SIPP provider...
    Last edited by eek; 22 September 2023, 12:29.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      they actually allow any FCSA umbrella..
      That's good, but for accuracy, Amaze is not FCSA accredited.

Chief Executive, FCSA
      - Former CEO OF IPSE
      - LtdCo Contractor for 20 odd years before that
      - Former Chair of IPSE nee PCG

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Bryce View Post

That's good, but for accuracy, Amaze is not FCSA accredited.
        Should add that Clarity very much is.

Chief Executive, FCSA
        - Former CEO OF IPSE
        - LtdCo Contractor for 20 odd years before that
        - Former Chair of IPSE nee PCG

Comment

Speak to Clarity. I had exactly this. They gave me the old list. Lucy sent them a pretty sharp sort email explaining they were on it and even mentioning the person that put them on it. The lady I dealt with did a quick check and came back with an apology and sent me the latest list.

Starting to think they know exactly what they are doing and are purposely pushing an old list for one reason or another.

I'll mention it to Lucy as well
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I've just started with Nasa as the cheapest option on the list I was given. Efficient and quick setup and they got my first payslip correct including the SIPP side of things. Long may it continue.

Comment

Working...
            X