• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Azebra

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Azebra

Anyone used or have any opinions /experience on Azebra

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 9 March 2023, 18:13.

Never heard of them. Looks like they've spent a lot of money on their website design but not on content (no company number, etc)

Where did you hear about them from?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by bstar1 View Post
      Anyone used or have any opinions /experience on Azebra

Thanks in advance.
      Wouldn't be my personal choice - and not because I haven't heard bad things about them but because I've never heard anything about them ever (which on 1 level is even more worrying).

There is a reason why we recommend Clarity
      Last edited by Contractor UK; 9 March 2023, 18:13.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

eek, have you ever heard of Payflex, or any of the following...

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Never heard of them. Looks like they've spent a lot of money on their website design but not on content (no company number, etc)

Where did you hear about them from?
          They might have but it's still bloody awful.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Interesting entries on Companies House. Managing Director resigned in 2013, replaced by a new one, but original retains controlling interest in the company with 75% of the shares. £4.5m in gross assets, net equity of £117k (probably about right for a small umbrella). Nothing obviously wrong, but not really a major player in the industry either.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              eek, have you ever heard of Payflex, or any of the following...
              Well I had a quick look

Azebra pay has a turnover in 2021 of £32m or so

But also had an everage number of employees of 5635 which means every employee was paid about £5500 or so.

So something definitely doesn't add up.

And worse given the turnover per employee they really don't focus on our sort of work because if (as I guess) the average number of employees is out by a factor of 12 - the every agency fee per a worker is still only £66,000 which really isn't our sort of umbrella firm.

Edit to add why I don't think they target IT Contractors - Alexander Mann / Giant (from memory) work on a cut off at about £300 a day / £1500 a week / £5500 or so a month. Above that umbrella payroll is accept below that Alexander Mann / Giant will put you on "agency" payroll.
              Last edited by eek; 9 March 2023, 17:53.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Well I had a quick look

Azebra pay has a turnover in 2021 of £32m or so

But also had an everage number of employees of 5635 which means every employee was paid about £5500 or so.

So something definitely doesn't add up.

And worse given the turnover per employee they really don't focus on our sort of work because if (as I guess) the average number of employees is out by a factor of 12 - the every agency fee per a worker is still only £66,000 which really isn't our sort of umbrella firm.

Edit to add why I don't think they target IT Contractors - Alexander Mann / Giant (from memory) work on a cut off at about £300 a day / £1500 a week / £5500 or so a month. Above that umbrella payroll is accept below that Alexander Mann / Giant will put you on "agency" payroll.
                I did a bit of surface digging myself and found various airport meet & greet car parking companies were/are linked to them. I suspect a lot of those employees are not on IT contractor rates.

Comment

Working...
                X