• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Please help! SMP Pay - Confused.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help! SMP Pay - Confused.

Hi all,

So I have been employed by Paystream for the past year. My last payment was end of December 2022 when my contract expired with an end client. I am pregnant and wondering if I am still employed by Paystream even though I have signed on for jobseekers allowance. I'm worried that me signing on for jobseekers has ended employment with paystream hence I won't be actually employed by them and eligible for SMP.

To complicate matters I have a potential contract starting either next week or the following week so would I still be within the `qualifying week` to be eligible for anything? My due date falls around 12th June.

Many thanks in advance!

https://www.sdworx.co.uk/en-gb/tools...tes-calculator will give you the dates.

basically I think you need to be working again via paystream by the end of this month
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

so does it not matter that I signed on for a few weeks? Hopefully the employment didn't end.

Comment

Originally posted by Samm View Post
        so does it not matter that I signed on for a few weeks? Hopefully the employment didn't end.
        Pass that depends on how paystream wish to play it.

no one except them will know or be able to say.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

sSo I have been employed by Paystream for the past year. My last payment was end of December 2022 when my contract expired with an end client. I am pregnant and wondering if I am still employed by Paystream even though I have signed on for jobseekers allowance. I'm worried that me signing on for jobseekers has ended employment with paystream hence I won't be actually employed by them and eligible for SMP.
          Your contract and your employment are two different things. If you haven't given Paystream notice I would expect you are still employed but you need to check. Signing on does not end employment. If you want to put a fraudulent claim in you can claim and still be employed, which I suspect you are so not the smartest thing to do but you could probably tell them you made a mistake.

Seems to me there are two situations here. Your employment ended and you properly signed on or your employment didn't end and you've told a naughty to the jobcentre.

You need to speak to Paystream pretty quick, explain exactly what you've done, don't try lying about it and see what happens.
          I guess you'll be able to back out of the JS claim by explaining you didn't understand what you were doing, which is true.
          Last edited by northernladuk; 7 February 2023, 20:44.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Hopefully the employment didn't end.
            It will be down to whether you sereved notice and if the P45 was issued. As northernladuk said the assignment contract and the employment contract are two very different things, so it will be down to whether the employment has ended.

Comment

Working...
            X