• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AMS pushing Giant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMS pushing Giant

This came up in conversation recently and I thought I'd seen some discussion of it here but my google-fu is not working today. If you know of the threads, please share, ta!

There is a case study about AMS on Giants pages if that's any help
    https://www.giantprecision.com/case-studies/ams
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Not what I was thinking of but thanks anyway.

Comment

I'm starting an inside-IR35 public sector contract though AMS in the new year and AMS referred me to Giant.

AMS does have a list of 10-12 "approved" umbrella companies that you're limited to for Umbrella pay but for Agency PAYE and inside-IR35 PSC engagements you're limited to being paid through Giant.

The Giant fella I spoke to was only interested in getting me to sign up for their Umbrella option, he didn't even know the PAYE rate for the assignment and said I'd need to ask AMS.

Comment

Originally posted by sreed View Post
          I'm starting an inside-IR35 public sector contract though AMS in the new year and AMS referred me to Giant.

AMS does have a list of 10-12 "approved" umbrella companies that you're limited to for Umbrella pay but for Agency PAYE and inside-IR35 PSC engagements you're limited to being paid through Giant.

The Giant fella I spoke to was only interested in getting me to sign up for their Umbrella option, he didn't even know the PAYE rate for the assignment and said I'd need to ask AMS.
          I suspect their public sector engagements have 7 day payment terms for the worker and AMS prefer their more usually 45 day terms.

Giant are probably happier than anyone else to ensure the 7 day terms are hit.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I worked through AMS on one contract a few years ago albeit outside IR35. Never have I come across an agency that considers you so much as just a number rather than a person.

Comment

AMS seem to be the parent company of PSR and Giant so that's probably why the recommend Giant. They mentioned Giant to me but after some research I'm going with Clarity. I'm a first timer and Clarity look really helpful if I have any questions. There was no hard push to go with Giant.

Comment

Working...
              X