• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Euro Contract/UK based

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euro Contract/UK based

Good morning

I have been offered a contract with a European company who would pay in Euros. I no longer have a Limited Co. so I wanted to know my options. Is there a Umbrella that can manage a Euro contract? I really don't want to open a new LImited Company for a 3-month contract. Appreciate any advice that can be given.

Originally posted by Stumpy46 View Post
    Good morning

I have been offered a contract with a European company who would pay in Euros. I no longer have a Limited Co. so I wanted to know my options. Is there a Umbrella that can manage a Euro contract? I really don't want to open a new LImited Company for a 3-month contract. Appreciate any advice that can be given.
    Speak to Lucy at Clarity - she does Euro contracts all the time.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Someone also suggested as just registering as self-employed with HMRC but was sceptical on this suggestion.

Comment

Someone also suggested as just registering as self-employed with HMRC but was sceptical on this suggestion.
        If the client allows, it, there's no reason you could not do it. Many (indeed most) clients won't even entertain the notion though.

Comment

Good morning

Biggest stumbling block with any of the overseas engagements is insurances. The B2B contract is likely to need to be governed under UK law, rather than the country the client is based, otherwise you may not be covered by the insurances.

Comment

Working...
          X