• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Employment Business Paying Worker through agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Employment Business Paying Worker through agency

I have placed an IT worked to a client, and the worker is supplied through another agency (limited company). The worker is on payroll of that agency/limited company.

Client pays me (Employment Business), Agency invoices me and I pay. The worker gets paid a salary by the agency.

Do I have any responsibility to check how the worker is getting paid. If the agency may avoid tax while paying the worker do I have to worry? Please share some links which gives this information on what are my responsibilities as an employment business.

What a mess all that is. I hope you are skimming a lot of their rate to make it worth it. The agency certainly will be. Poor sod. I wonder if they realise how hard you lot are pulling their pants down.

Would it not have been prudent to understand your responsibilities before you got in to that web?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Don't reply if you don't have any answer. Don't think you do any business. I am only trying to ensure what my responsibilities are

Comment

Originally posted by yokietoks View Post
        I have placed an IT worked to a client, and the worker is supplied through another agency (limited company). The worker is on payroll of that agency/limited company.

Client pays me (Employment Business), Agency invoices me and I pay. The worker gets paid a salary by the agency.

Do I have any responsibility to check how the worker is getting paid. If the agency may avoid tax while paying the worker do I have to worry? Please share some links which gives this information on what are my responsibilities as an employment business.
        Get a decent employment lawyer and pay them to find out what your responsibilities are,.,

im happy to provide most people with advice but there are times when you need to do your own homework and the mess you’ve created for yourself is one of them..

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

OP, you asked the same question (in the wrong forum, but hey...) last week and didn't get an answer.

As has been suggested, ask an expert, not us amateurs. You may have a real problem, you may not.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
          X