• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Holiday Pay

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The term "advanced holiday pay" is totally alien to me as a contractor. We don't get "holiday pay" and the rate is the rate I get paid. If I don't work I don't get paid.
    Formerly Sausage Surprise but forgot password on account that had email address from old gig

Comment

Worth saying that Wobblyheed has bumped up an old thread and the law has been changed to solve the Harper trust tribunal judgement.

nowadays 28 days leave is represented by 12.07% holiday pay and umbrellas can now legally pay it in advance with the initial payment for work done
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Worth saying that Wobblyheed has bumped up an old thread and the law has been changed to solve the Harper trust tribunal judgement.

nowadays 28 days leave is represented by 12.07% holiday pay and umbrellas can now legally pay it in advance with the initial payment for work done
        Thanks, I'm new to this "inside" debacle
        Formerly Sausage Surprise but forgot password on account that had email address from old gig

Comment

An assignment rate is deemed to include holiday pay, it should then be your choice via the umbrella company as to whether you choose to have the monies advanced in every pay packet or request that the umbrella company accrues it for you for when you take annual leave.

Comment

Working...
          X