• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pensions and umbrellas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post

I did call Clarity but unless I am mistaken, I was told only pension option was NEST.
    It's not the end of the world. It's only a temp gig, once you are done transfer it to your preferred supplier. Never get why people get an inside gig and it's like it's the end of their career and they are gonna be stuck in it for the rest of their lives.

Start the gig and if you really don't like being inside look around and jump ship. Won't take too long if you are any good surely?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post

I did call Clarity but unless I am mistaken, I was told only pension option was NEST.
      Nope their default option is Nest but I think you may have asked the wrong question as other optoons are available.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Nope their default option is Nest but I think you may have asked the wrong question as other optoons are available.
        Possibly did. Chances are I will be pulling out of the gig early anyway since its just BAU work and I wont't exposed to new tech which is important in today's market

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

That's odd as I thought from the feedback the majority allow payments to your own SIPP.
          Yeh ones I've contacted recently have no problem paying into my H-L SIPP
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

It is for us at the moment. I have seen so many umbrella's get in a mess making individual payments to SIPPs. It may still be beneficial to pay into this scheme whilst under the assignment and transfer it out after to get the salary sacrifice benefit - I guess that all depends on whetheer your SIPP charges to add to it from a transfer at the end of the employment - just a thought

Comment

Working...
            X