• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umberella company offering increased take home under IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm, i didnt ask them if they were HMRC or QC approved. I will ask them the question. They call themselves contractorteam.co.uk.

Anyone care to look them up?

Comment

Originally posted by randomname View Post
      hmm, i didnt ask them if they were HMRC or QC approved. I will ask them the question. They call themselves contractorteam.co.uk.

Anyone care to look them up?
      That isn't an umbrella firm - it's a sales lead generation firm...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

From companies house:

Nature of business (SIC) 43390 - Other building completion and finishing

Looks like servicing the building industry. Set up in 2018. Hmm. Sure, I'd trust them with my money...
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          From companies house:

Nature of business (SIC) 43390 - Other building completion and finishing

Looks like servicing the building industry. Set up in 2018. Hmm. Sure, I'd trust them with my money...
          That's not the website that's a completely different company...

I can find no trace of contractorteam.co.uk beyond the website and the phone number on it and I'm not going near those options.

Edit to add - the actual checks to make are:

1) the website should list company details - it doesn't on the home page, nor the t&cs nor the cookie policy.
          2) nominet.uk/whois should list who the company is - you can complain to force them to display the information but it's not worth the hassle.

As neither of those things tell you anything there is nothing that allows any to trace the website back to it's owner.
          Last edited by eek; 3 September 2021, 10:50.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

That's not the website that's a completely different company...

I can find no trace of contractorteam.co.uk beyond the website and the phone number on it and I'm not going near those options.
            Nope, nor can I. Nothing on CoHo. Nothing about the legal business details on their website (which is illegal). Lots of talk about international financial services.

And what UK company describes its staff as "UK based"...??

Run away. Screaming is optional.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Thanks all!

Comment

Working...
              X