• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Orange Genie

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Orange Genie

    My experiences onboarding with Orange Genie have been a mixed bag.

    Comms are terrible and I was under the impression that my salary sacrifice had been set up until I see my first invoice has been processed 100% PAYE despite the fact I had filled in all their forms to get this set up at the time of registration.

    Just a heads up, I guess, make sure you get confirmation that your salary sacrifice is set up before your first payment is processed and get it in writing rather than accepting verbal assurances as I did.

    #2
    Or pick another umbrella that doesn’t steal holiday pay

    sorry I know it’s too late for you but that’s a heads up for others
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by eek View Post
      Or pick another umbrella that doesn’t steal holiday pay

      sorry I know it’s too late for you but that’s a heads up for others
      Do they? I had no idea - it doesn't seem to be detailed on my payslip - they take a cut of about £20 per week in my case. I guess it's swallowed up in that.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Great Britten View Post

        Do they? I had no idea - it doesn't seem to be detailed on my payslip - they take a cut of about £20 per week in my case. I guess it's swallowed up in that.
        It’s not - does your payslip show a break down of employer fees or is it one gross figure.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by eek View Post

          It’s not - does your payslip show a break down of employer fees or is it one gross figure.
          Oh. Yes, it is there. Holiday Pay accrued £88 for the week in question. Also seems to be a deduction for an apprenticeship levy.

          I was blinded by the whole Salary Sacrifice business & not having a lot of time to get onboarded with someone.

          Comment


            #6
            Remember to get on the correct tax code, otherwise a correction in 8 months time will leave you short

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Great Britten View Post
              Holiday Pay accrued £88 for the week in question.
              That's the bit they are keeping aside for when you take holiday, just make sure you use it up.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by lucyclarityumbrella View Post
                That's the bit they are keeping aside for when you take holiday, just make sure you use it up.
                I really don't understand this holiday pay thing - it's been so long since I've been a permie.

                Am I right in assuming that I accrue holiday pay for each day worked and going forward I'd be entitled to x no of days paid holiday based on my entitlement. Except in this case I won't be getting anything at all as the Umbrella has snaffled it all?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Your hourly or daily rate is deemed to include an element of holiday pay (12.07% of the taxable pay). When calculating holiday entitlement, we assume as a standard that 5.6 weeks of the year will not be worked. The pay is therefore calculated as 52 weeks minus 5.6 weeks is 46.4 weeks. 5.6 divided by 46.4 is 12.07%.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by lucyclarityumbrella View Post
                    Your hourly or daily rate is deemed to include an element of holiday pay (12.07% of the taxable pay). When calculating holiday entitlement, we assume as a standard that 5.6 weeks of the year will not be worked. The pay is therefore calculated as 52 weeks minus 5.6 weeks is 46.4 weeks. 5.6 divided by 46.4 is 12.07%.
                    Sorry if I misunderstand you but are you saying they're pocketing 12.07% of my taxable pay? That can't be right. In my first week they put the whole invoice through as PAYE & the second week they did salary sacrifice and left minimum wage - I would have expected to see a much larger disparity between the amount of holiday pay taken for those 2 periods if that had been the case.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X