• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella fees

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the OP is getting confused between timesheets and invoicing.

A lot of companies will insist on weekly timesheets (especially on hourly rates) as it's hard to forget what people were doing earlier that week where monthly timesheets can have "memory" issues

The Invoicing and payment schedule will determine what the fee is
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

As Eek said the timesheet frequency may not reflect the payment frequency, one of the larger agencies also does weekly timesheets but 30 days in arrears, so that adds more confusion. As for what is charged that is down to the umbrella company, they will have standard weekly or monthly margins, but ask them how it will work if you only work 2 weeks in 4 and see what they say! We only charge based on the weeks worked.

Comment

I'm not getting confused at all eek. I'm just asking if there is a standard practice and/or feedback from people working with Brollys.
        From answers, it doesn't look like that there is one unique clear answer. Not surprising anyway

Yes timesheet frequency is not automatically linked to payment frequency. So agree no discussions here but he shouldn't be my problem anyway.
        My contract with brolly is mentioning weekly payment versus I am paid monthly. Where else should I check payment frequency?
        Brolly told me I would be charged weekly but I'm charged monthly. Where should I check that? Only proof I have is introductory email.
        If I take 2 weeks off they told me they would still charged me the monthly fee. Is that common practice and fair?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by philgo View Post
          I'm not getting confused at all eek. I'm just asking if there is a standard practice and/or feedback from people working with Brollys.
          From answers, it doesn't look like that there is one unique clear answer. Not surprising anyway

Yes timesheet frequency is not automatically linked to payment frequency. So agree no discussions here but he shouldn't be my problem anyway.
          My contract with brolly is mentioning weekly payment versus I am paid monthly. Where else should I check payment frequency?
          Brolly told me I would be charged weekly but I'm charged monthly. Where should I check that? Only proof I have is introductory email.
          If I take 2 weeks off they told me they would still charged me the monthly fee. Is that common practice and fair?

Thanks
          The issue is dependent on the contract between the agency and the umbrella.

If the agency pays monthly, the umbrella should be paying you monthly and charging the monthly fee (which is lower than weekly fees because more work).

Seems unlikely the umbrella will get paid monthly but pay you weekly.

Get the agency to sort it out with the umbrella.

Meanwhile, if they have an online portal check the contract set up there or review any other docs they sent to you. The initial illustrations mean very little as far as the umbrella is concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            I think the OP is getting confused between timesheets and invoicing.

A lot of companies will insist on weekly timesheets (especially on hourly rates) as it's hard to forget what people were doing earlier that week where monthly timesheets can have "memory" issues

The Invoicing and payment schedule will determine what the fee is
            I always got confused by that. My colleagues are using an umbrella company that does not include their fees on the payslip, can the umbrella do that?

Comment

Working...
            X