• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do these figures look legit?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

Very fast and very far. There's no way that is a legit umbrella. I wonder if they're FCSA accredited - the OP can ask them
    I doubt it.

They are probably on Professional Passport - Chester will accept anyone able to write a cheque...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

This was a quote from a company called comparisoncontractor.com
      it wasn't for me, it was a quote my mate got and i told him it looked dodgy so said I would ask on here.
      Personally I have gone with PayStream.

Comment

Originally posted by keeno65 View Post
        This was a quote from a company called comparisoncontractor.com
        it wasn't for me, it was a quote my mate got and i told him it looked dodgy so said I would ask on here.
        Personally I have gone with PayStream.
        In which case may I refer you to https://www.gov.uk/guidance/comparis...m-spotlight-55

which basically says that the sole purpose of Umbrella Comparison companies is to identify gullible people as they act as marketing fronts for tax avoidance schemes
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by keeno65 View Post
          Retained for Management Co Costs & Corporation Tax - £202.51
          Nice if we could all charge that kind of management fee

No idea where they got the taxable salary from, but obviously near minimum wage for the tax to be that low.

Looks like the scheme that claims to work with John Lewis as some kind of mock Profit Share with not really true directors!

Comment

Working...
          X